Metallica - St Anger

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by BlackRaven, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Tudoggz

Tudoggz Valued Member

hey pplz

i saw metallica only last week! at Big Day Out in melbourne!
    the best performance i have ever seen in my life. i still cant get creeping death and master of puppets out of my head :D
    my first mosh pit too hhehehe i wasa **** scared for about 5 mins then just realised u have to go nutz to survive :D

2. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Pretty good eh Tud? I went to their own headlining show in Brisbane :D Awesome :D:D

3. Tudoggz

Tudoggz Valued Member

bloody oath! i was hopeing to get tickets to the main show aswel 2 days after BDO ehe no such luck tickets went quicker than a sprinter on crack!

4. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Man, the concert was freakin awesome. They fully kicked. Here's whats taken from my journal. I was still on the high from the concert at time... so excuse any....'raving'. :

(19th January)

Started with mexican waves going around the arena, untill one corner slowed down, then the boos came in. LoL. It would go around and everyone would yell "hey" and "yeah" throwing their arms up and standing, then when it got to one corner everyone would go 'boo'. Heheh, it was pretty funny.

Then the support band came on. The Datsuns. They sucked. The people in the pit were just standing there yelling "Get off!" and "You suck!". And they were'nt far from the truth. I would have rather listened to nothing while waiting for Metallica to come on. They did suck. Then the lead singer said "Yeah, I was an angry young man too. Don't worry, you'll loose your virginity too one day". The crowed got worse. Haha.

Then there was a small break before 'tallica came on. From where we were sitting I could see James talking to the stage crew next the stage, shaking hands and all that. We had great seats. Awesome.

After a about 15 minutes, the arena went black, with the crowd screaming. On came Extacy Of Gold. :D:D

Straight after that, followed 'Fight Fire With Fire'. Yeaahh.

They then continued to play:
    The Four Horsemen

It was around here james laid down the intro. "We are going to play new stuff, old stuff, middle stuff, you name it" Cheers al 'round.

Ride The Lightning

The intro kicked in to Welcome Home (Sanitarium), that was fantasic.

The Thing That Should Not Be

Frantic. "FRANTIC TIC TIC TOCK!!!!!!"

Sad But True "SAD BUT TRU-UE!!"

Dirty Window. Hetfield got the crowd going but into'ing this song by getting the say "DIR TEH WIN DOW!! DIR TEH WIN DOW!! DIR TEH WIN DOW!!"

Harvester of Sorrow

The stage went black and on came the sound battle. The stage lit up with explosions. The pyrotechics blew you away. Then there was the expected into to 'One'. The best of the show. By Far. Everyone. Everyone was up. You could barely hear James' words over the crowds!

Damage Inc.

Seek and Destroy. James: Search-in... Crowd: SEEK AND DESTROY!! James: Oh yeah! Thats it!

Nothing Else Matters was awsome. As soon as the intro came one, again, everyone was up. Loved it. The sound of peple singing almost drowned out James again!

Creeping Death

On came the bass and everyone new it was the first single off the new album being played. St. Anger

More pyro for Enter Sandman!! James was the only one lit up on the stage. He was just playin with the stings, familiar notes coming through. I wispered to my cousin (more like said) "Enter Sandman". The it kicked into gear. The riff exploded through the speakers, the horns went up and everyone was yelling. Oh yeah .

That was about it, James, Rob and Kirk started trowing picks out to the crowd. Then they picked back up the guitars and then finished with Last Caress and the suiting Hit The Lights.

Man, all the tracks were ****in awesome.

Rob was a real entertainer. Swingin his bass around like a axe. Crawing along the stage.

Half way through the show Lars got up and and ran amd wiped James' forehead with tissue. The ran back to the kit ready to kick in the beat.

James had a few trips on the stage (yeah right!) spilling his drink all over the pit. Heh Heh.

Kirk was great, really getting into the solos of the tracks, and just solos-solos betweens songs.

All three guitarists were getting up close the crowd. Again, the seats we had were totally wickard. We could everything in every detail. Not that we used the seats... we were standing all the time!! I neck is still sore from the bangin! lol.

Through the show James was saying "YEAH!! you feelin good Brisbane?" YEAH "We're feeling good up here. Thank you Brisbane!! They went off stage about a few times, and came back on to the sound of cheers and stomping feet, returning to the setlist.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  5. Tudoggz

Tudoggz Valued Member

YEAH!! HAHAH it gets me so pumped thinking about it.

my favourite part at BDO.

They had just done battery! omg i went off my tree got kicked in the head a few times heheheh. then they started nothing else matters. just like you said EVERYONE was singing and it was awesom. so everyone was chillin at the end off the song lars was just shimmering the high hat. suddenly outt know where he stands up and start hitting in enter MASTER OF PUPPETS!! james: HERE WE GO BABY! wen it kicked in to the main guitar james: DEAR GOD!!

that was to much for me hehehe so good. id kill to c them again.

:D:D

6. merlinmsk

merlinmsk Yeah....

Metallica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we Gonna Have The Concert Here In Va Next Week!!!