Metallica - St Anger

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by BlackRaven, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Jay

Jay New Member

BlackRaven ... you are da man !! :D Nice one buddy - any more 'tallica stuff you find is much appreciated.

PS : Used mosearch like you said and ... BINGO !

Jay

2. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

Free 'tallica tickets

Free Metallica Tickets avaiallable

Show Title: METALLICA HEADLINERS - CHANNEL 4 SPECIAL
    Show Date: 31 MAY 2003 at 17:15

Show Location: Riverside Studios, Crisp Road, Hammersmith, London W6 9RL

Metallica are going to be performing a one-off television special for Channel 4s late night music show HEADLINERS.

This is the first time in 4 years that Metallica have performed on British television and YOU are invited to be part of the live studio audience. EXCLUSIVE & VERY, VERY INTIMATE!

LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE - BOOK NOW! - www.applausestore.com

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Did anyone watch the Metallcia vs Linkin Park thing on MTV2 yesterday afternoon?

It was rather good :D

LP's $2 Bill concert was AWESOME! :D

4. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

Re: Free 'tallica tickets

Have been emailed to say I have got one ticket.

Only 10 days till the new album!!

5. YODA

Re: Re: Free 'tallica tickets

So - will she let you go on your own then/ :D

6. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

I am going. Have booked a guesthouse for £30 that is a 5 min walk away, and free fuel for the car (gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire). All set. I am going to go early in the morning so that I can spend the day in the centre. Have to be at the Riverside studios (where TFI Friday was filmed) for 430pm, so hopefully I can look round a few shops. Never been to London, but it can't be that big ;-)

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

8. YODA

Just downloaded it - in the immortal words of B&B....

huh huh.... huh huh huh....

Cool!

9. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

Well, I am back. What an evening.

I set off in the morning at 0745, with the hope of getting there around 11ish to go into the centre and have a look round. No chance. I actually arrived at the guesthouse for 1.30. It was advertised as having internet access in every room, and free morning paper, but had neither.

I decided to have a walk to the studios, in the hope of registering my name first of all, so that I could just come back later to be let in at 5pm. Wrong again, I got there and people where already queing. I joined them, to be told after a while that I was in the wrong queue and should be in the priority members queue. 3 people came behind me (separately) and one asked me if I was BlackRaven!! I had said on the metclub forum I would be wearing my 1996 club shirt, and I was the only one there with it on. Turned out that all 4 of us had been discussing the gig in my original thread on metclub!! Whilst queing, Brian from Big Brother came passed to go in. Everybody was laughing, but were all looking round to see if Cat Deeley was around. Never saw her at all though.

The organisers came outside, and said that we had to hand in all bags, mobiles and cameras into the cloakroom at the groups request. They said that if anybody were found inside with such an item, the gig would be stopped and cancelled. They said we would all be let in at 4pm,, but it was about 5.15. We then waited inside the bar area until we were let into the studio itelf. Whilst waiting, Brian (Big Brother) passed again, and Tommy Vance. I am also sure that Serge from System Of A Down came passed (or a good lookalike) but I am not 100% certain.

In the studio, there were black curtains all round so the room was very black. Being near the front of the queue, and having priority, I got to the centre (about 2 or 3 deap depending on different times).

The guyz came out and opened with Blackened which went straight into No Remorse. Everybody at front were moshing like crazy, and it was all security could do to keep the barriers up - they had to push them towards us all night. Jaymz then said that we should all stop pushing to avoid injury, before they then went into Sad But True. Frantic was next, with most people already knowing the words. Can't get that "Tic Tic Tic Tic Toc" out of my head. Sanatarium was next (one of my favourites), and then Fuel (one of my least favourites). There was then a bit of a gap, before they launched into St Anger.

They then said the tape had to be changed, and went off stage. CD:UK stickers were then put on the stage floor, to lots of boos. When Metallica came out, there were cries of "p155 on it"!, and CD:UK sucks - Cat can suck anytime ;-) Jaymz said "Well, we're gonna make them not suck". They then did Frantic again. There was a long gap after Frantic, and some crowd interaction. People where shouting out song titles, and I shouted out So What. Jaymz smiled and everyone started laughing. I guess it was a longshot for So What to be on CD:UK. They then did St Anger, and thanked everybody.

Rob was cool. He did his crab walk, and a funny Russian dance! He has defintely got the fans on his side. He has some big boots to fill following Cliff and Jason, but if anybody can fill them, he can. I was an inch away from getting a pick, but the guy that managed to get it had already got 2 in his hand. Surprisingly, they guyz, didn't do a meet and greet, so I have no souveniers, other than memories. I didn't think that Frantic or St Anger sounded that heavy until hearing them live. I believe the album is getting an earlier realise of ths Thursday, so I can't wait.

Set list

Blackened
    No Remorse
    Sad But True
    Frantic
    Sanatarium
    Fuel
    St. Anger

10. YODA

Awesome - and at the right price too :D

11. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

12. YODA

..... or wait a week and go to Kazaa :D

:Angel:

13. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

But its got a DVD, and its limited edition!! :D I'm a sucker for things like that :)

Its probably on Kazaa already I bet, I've had the stereophonics new album a week or two, and thats not out till tomorrow.

14. YODA

I agree - if it's something I KNOW I'll like then I'll buy it. I tend to get things off p2p then either dump them or buy the original.

15. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

It is not available to download at the moment (though there are a few fake tracks by groups like Holocaust that have been renamed). At £8.99 you couldn't make the cd, dvd and covers with much change anyway.

By the way, the gig I went to, the CD:UK bit will be on Saturday after this one. Headliners will be on Channel 4 in October. Look for me front and centre. :)

16. Jay

Jay New Member

Excellent ... sounds awesome - man am I jealous !!!! :D

17. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

Listening to the new album as we speak. I bought it from Safeways at lunchtime (despite having a pre-ordered copy that I can't cancel).

Apparently, Safeways have now realised their mistake and pulled it from the shelves. You might drop lucky.

I will do myself a copy, and hopefully swap it for the Iron Maiden dvd until my pre-ordered one comes along.

Oh yeah, the album is a bit good :-D

18. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

Has now been pulled from the shelves. I had already pre-ordered it, so I done myself a copy first (until mine comes) and took it back to swap for Iron Maiden DVD. They were glad to take it back as they said they had had an email saying they would lose their bonuses for selling them.

19. YODA

Surely that's naughty? :p

20. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

What buying Iron Maiden!? :D

The tracks I got from Kazaa weren't the Proper metallica ones, but the dodgy ones that someone leaked out! Managed to get the legitimate version on MP3 now ;) And pretty decent, takes a bit of listening to before I was convinced....

This made me larf!

Attached Files: