Messed up shoulder?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Southpaw535, Nov 22, 2010.

1. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

I got a stage 2 sepertain on my AC joint as well. I'm on my 2nd week of recovery and I do notice a loss of ROM without pain. Glad to hear your full ROM returned though.

2. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Bumping for an update. I'm still so frustrated about my shoulder injury. It's been 3 weeks and while my full ROM has almost been restored I can't get my arm into position for a back squat( high/olympic and low bar ). Also it's still too weak to shrug weight or do any kind of pressing. No shrugging means I can't do hack squats, zerker squats or barbell lunges. I can't row, curl or do tricep extensions this sucks big time!! Will be calling my minor injury doc and have him refer me to a therapist. I've gone 3 weeks now without squats, benches, shoulder press or deadliest and it's killing me inside =[

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

light weight farmer's walks?

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

also goblet squats and potato sack squats. google them for proper detailed instructions, they might be of use to you.

5. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Goblet squats are a great idea. Maybe I'll spend more time doing plyrometrics for now so (hopefully) I'll be ready for a smoker I'm going to fight in 4 weeks.

6. Osu,

Ahhhh shoulder injuries always last longer than you'd think.
    Don't rush the process...

Have you tried front squats?
    Farmer's walks can be okay (light) ---- as can waiter's walks if you can raise the arm in a locked position (careful when bringing it down though, use the other arm as a support)
    I've found that TGUs helped me restore some stability in my shoulders; I am still at it...

Osu!

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Funny. I rested my shoulder, hurt lifting without a proper warm-up, for months, I say rested, I still had to work which can be quite physical. After months I had a little treatment on it which eased it a little but the problem was still there. In the end I just decided to lift again, the exercise that i think damaged it, possibly just a trapped nerve, cleared it after a couple of sessions. I'd stretch lots between the sets and one day it just went clunk and it immediately felt better.

Not exactly recommend this but sometime replicating something but with less stress on it, in my case weight, might help.....or really screw you up?? I sort of know time is against me due to my age so the risk was worthwhile in my eyes

8. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I found foam roller around the lats/rhomboid area during warmup helped though also haven't found the magic low bar position on back squat I thought I had a couple of months ago when even my current max weight felt comfortable. Making the time for some ROM cool down and stretching at the end of training sessions is a must