Merged Threads: UFC74 (results included)

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Tom O'Brien, Aug 2, 2007.

1. stump

stump Supersub

There's lots of instances where MMA refs have physically imposed their authority when a fighter has not stopped after being instructed to do so - this should have been one of them. He has supporting refs to hand and the moral authority to intervene physically - he should have done so.

2. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

who thinks huerta deserves a title shot in his next fight say "I". :D

those big screen backward elbows were awesome :D. it had to be the fight of the night, although the couture & GSP fights were also exciting to watch.

3. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Huerta scares me. Mostly 'cause he's my weight class! But seriously, the dude pushed the pace in that fight, never really looked like he broke a sweat, showed good enough grappling to escape some bad possitions (has he a wrestling background?) and was throwing hard strikes from every possition. I don't know about a title shot per se, but he definitely needs to be on the main card, against quallity opposition.

4. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

God No!!

Huerta is seriously overrated, the guy has never fought top competition.

From that same card I can name at least two fighters in his weight class who could beat him...

Gonzaga vs Couture- I'm disappointed in this fight, the breaking of the nose was the biggest blow of the fight and it was completely unintentional.

I think Gonzaga had a fairly decent chance of winning up until the broken nose, Couture was winning at that point but not by much

GSP vs Koscheck- GSP dominated, good striking, great wrestling, I wish he would have forgotten about the Kimura attempt and just pounded on Koscheck but it wasn't that important.

Pellegrino vs Stevenson- I think Pellegrino had won 1 of the first 2 rounds but he gassed in Round 3 and lost the fight, if he has better cardio I think he will be tough for everyone at that weight.

I don't think Babalu getting fired was fair, he did the exact same thing B.J did but he was honest about it which was stupid. I hope he comes back with a fury and runs off on another streak.

Randy was impressive but I have to say "HgH"....

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007