Mediums and Psychics

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Roual, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Roual

Roual Eternally curious...

Right, I'm in need of a little advice.

I have a friend who would like to see a medium as a sort of birthday present from myself (it really is for a friend, this isn't some lame attempt to hide my identity). The problem is, there are so many mediums around, that I have no idea which ones, if any, are any good.

No one I know has been to one around here, so I'm kinda stuck.

So, I was wondering if anyone has been to see a medium in my area (a small town called Sudbury, in Suffolk, UK, but for ease of reference, near Ipswich, Colchester, Cambridge), I'll travel a fair distance (up to about 150 miles) so if anyone has any experience, and you don't mind sharing, could you please tell me:
    1) If they seamed 'genuine'
    2) Their location - including any contact details if possible
    3) Would you reccomend them

Also, even if you can't remember who they are, or if they're now no longer contactable, if you've had a positive experience with a medium or psychic, or any experince at all. And please don't try to turn this into a 'I don't believe in all that mumbo jumbo stuff' thread, if you don't believe, that's fine by you, but keep it to yourself.

Thanks in advance

2. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

are there any local shamans? real ones? not crazy college drop outs... but cultural shamans hehe.

my gf's culture's religion is "shamanism" which is an offshoot of anamalism (i might of spealt it wrong)... which is a belief that animals have many spirits.

anywho... the shaman helps diagnose spiritual problems and balance issues with the spirits. they can see the otherworld and help guide the spirits to their proper places or bribe them off.

just an idea:)

3. Roual

Roual Eternally curious...

I must admint, thats a new one on me, I'll look into it, thanks dude

4. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Any person you go to will have you sign a waiver form insisting that all readings and predictions are for entertainment purposes only.

5. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Hi if this is your first visit to a psychic then it's always good to ask a few questions before the session starts.

I do have a gifting in this area but I don't use tarot cards, I use other methods which is more natural.

Have you thought about ringing the psychic up and finding more about this person. If they are involved in a spiritualist church or not. There are many psychics who start out by this way, I'm not one of them as I've had this gifting since I was a little kid and I'd rather get rid of the gift than keep it, I'd gladly give it away if I could. You can have frauds in a lot of areas and it's the pick of the bunch. Always listen to your gut feeling, if you think that the psychic is telling a load of rubbish then tell her/him and see what reaction you get. I do have fun when I see various people as they come with that attitude in the first place and they leave very shocked as I trust my spirit guides and they always come up trumps as they usually come out with something only the person who's having the reading would know and it's usually something which has happened to them during childhood which I wouldn't know about. It is quite amusing to see their shocked faces in the end. I don't charge for a reading, or the healing the healing I work in as I feel it should be free to everyone no matter what they do. I know that not everyone is the same and the people aren't charging for the reading but their time but it's a personal thing which I believe in as the energies give me so much already and that's enough for me.
    I hope you have a good time with the person you choose, let us know what happens either by pm or whatever means.
    lisa xx

6. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

i think there are scottish shamans and gypsys hehe

7. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Hello,

Why don't you visit a Qigong master. Check if he has bee training for over 30 years. You'll save up your money instead of wasting it with some crook.

There are other psychics around not necessarily related to Asian practices but they will be hard to find. Easier if you were living in an area with an Indigenous community, where Shamans are easier to find, i.e. Mexican Indians, Australian Aboriginals, etc.

I found this link:

http://www.shamanlinks.net/Teacher_Links.htm#United Kindom

But I cannot guarantee anything. Just have a go and see. There are some UK based people in there.

It's hard to find people who can really communicate with the other side. Truly you need to go to the country side and search in the mountains.

Good luck.

8. Sheyja

Sheyja Valued Member

That's only because legally it's not been proven. And equally so they've never managed to disprove it. But legally, you can't proffessionally sell something like that without proof that it works, that's why.

9. Sheyja

Sheyja Valued Member

That's good to see lisa, I agree, it's not just that it should be free, it should be available for everyone to do, on themselves and to others, we can all do it, just gotta know and learn!