medium weights

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Infinity, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Infinity

Infinity -Invincible-

i bench 235 how much is medium weight if i bench i doing a new workout i dont know the medium weight

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

More info needed mate.

Is 235 your max or your working weight?
    Is it in KG or lbs (I'm guessing the latter, but need to check)?
    What program are you considering that's asking for "medium" weights.

General (hopefully helpful) rule of thumb - there's often a relationship between the amount of helpful info given in asking a question and the amount of helpful info given in any responses.

3. Infinity

Infinity -Invincible-

225 is max

The Triple Add Set is just what you need. It is very a tough intensity technique, but it is extremely effective. The Triple Add Set will strongly work all three of the major muscle fiber types (I, IIa, and IIb) in one extended set, pushing the very limits of your body's strength and endurance. If this sounds good to you, you're going to love this technique!

To fully understand the effectiveness of the Triple Add Set, let's take a look at the muscle fiber types and why it's such a good thing to work all three of the major types at once.

- Type I muscle fibers are endurance-oriented muscle fibers. They primarily work in higher rep ranges and during aerobic exercise.

- Type IIa muscle fibers work when the weight used is moderate-to-heavy. This fiber type is most active in moderate rep range weight training (e.g. 5 to 10 reps per set)

- Type IIb muscle fibers are the explosive muscle fibers. They are called upon when the weight is very heavy and great power or explosiveness is needed.

4. icefield

icefield Valued Member

you make better strength gains if you work different motor abilities in different sessions not in the same session

asking for a medium weight is pretty much asking for an impossible number

5. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Medium is what you're lifting. Light is what you used to lift. Heavy is what you want to lift.

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

^ Quality! :)