Medi has passed away.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Plastic, Dec 20, 2007.

1. timex

timex Valued Member

It is so sad.

2. I drank to his memory last night.

I mean he was a ladies man who avoided his MA training. I totally identify with him.

I don't think it has quite sunk in yet.

3. benkei

benkei Valued Member

Wow.......Just wow. All I can think of right now is words from Across the Nightingale Floor : "death comes quickly and unexpectedly, and life is fragile and brief. No one can alter this, either by prayers or by spells".

It doesn't comfort me one bit right now though.

4. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Rest well Medi, the off-topic section and the whole of MAP won't be the same without you.

5. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I signed on to MSN today and noticed Saz's away message.... logged on and can't believe this is true.

Although I never knew Medi personally, I always enjoyed his wit here on the forum and listening to his music productions.... he was quite a talent.

RIP Alex

6. Martial_Julez

Martial_Julez Valued Member

Wow. I am also in shock. I didn't really know him well but I recognised his picture and I'm sure I have spoken to him on here a few times.

I can't quite believe it. Thoughts to his friends and family. Rest in peace.

7. He was one of the great personalities that make MAP what it is.
    Truly sad news.
    Rest in peace.

8. JEEPEE

JEEPEE Valued Member

I just can't believe it !!!
    So sad,i can't find words for it.
    Rest in peace, my friend;

9. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

This is terrible news, and saddens me deeply :(

My thanks to Slip for changing his signature (which is where I saw the news) and to Plastic for bringing it to the forum. I enjoyed Medi's humor and his knowledge, and his was one of the names that caught my eye as 'worth reading' as I found my way around MAP.

If I can add to the offerings of both his knowledge and his humor the following thread:

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57874&highlight=medi

R.I.P

10. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

Just back and saw this Sad News
    Rest In Peace Medi

11. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Sad. RIP my friend. :(

Who knows where we go after we die. But I hope you are having one hell of a time Medi. :)

12. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Makes you realise how precious and fragile life is.
    I just checked out one of his posts and the animated "offline" icon next too his name took on a whole new meaning.

13. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

I only just learned about this as a result of slip's sig. My condolences to the family and of course everyone on MAP who knew him better than me.

I used to see all Medi's posts and wonder if he ever did anything else. It seems like he was one of those few people who made the most out of all their time and packed loads in.

His wit and his knowledge will be missed here as elsewhere.

14. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Man, I don't know what to say. Medi was one of those people who you'd read a thread just because his name was in the "most recent post" box. The dude had whatever the internet equivalent of great comic timing is.

He could also be relied upon to set people straight on anything to do with physics.

I'm shocked and I'm damn sure I'll miss medi :(

15. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

shocked. RIP alex 'medi'

16. Ciar2001

Ciar2001 New Member Supporter

It was Slip's sig which told me of Medi's passing as I never saw this thread, very sad that he was so young :(

R.I.P Medi.

17. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

Same for me! I was utterly shocked.

We always seemed to totaly disagree on everything apart from martial arts. He always had a sharp wit and a good point.

What more can I say?

18. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

I only just heard about this from PS, havent been on in ages.

Medi was a decent guy. Didnt always agree with him on everything, but he was always articulate, interlligent and witty. Place wont be the same without him.
    RIP dude
    xxx

19. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

****. I only just found out about this.

Going to miss your whitty retorts and one liners mate, always made me laugh.

Who is going to sexually harass Saz now?

RIP.

20. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

Let that remind me never to travel to places with spotty internet access....
    I came back from africa and even wondered where Medi has been all last month....
    MEDI will be missed here.... I missed him... and now I find it's forever

If any of his family or friends still checks here to hear the kind words of his many friends online, please know.... the process of hearing from people like me will take a long time.... my heart goes out to you..... your not alone in your sense of loss....

the concept of local communities is dead......... ours is now one of interests where personality and expression are the means of interaction..... what an honor to win so many friends based on nothing but who he was as a man.... thats a real testament to Medi.... may we all make an impression on so many

- i too would like to publicly thank slip for his sig.