Me Sparring

Discussion in 'Karate' started by MissKarate, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

i agree. Nicely done. :)

btw she showed her spirit when i talked to her on map and we were laughing about her roundhouse kicking me into the nettles =]

She was quite spirited then. A very spunky young woman. Well done.

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

You train with her Blade? (Sorry if I misunderstood your post or missed an earlier one.)

3. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  4. scm

scm Valued Member

hi Miss Karate
    Your vid looks great - specially for being so young! I'm not experienced enough to offer tips other than to say keep doing whatever you're doing 'cos it seems to be working.

5. MissKarate

MissKarate Sankukai Karate

Yeah Blade, infact I would have to use my experience to the fact I don't know you.
    scm - Thanks, keep training :)

6. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

*thumbs up*

nice, i wish more kids in our school would spar like that.
    like they said in this old tyre-commercial .... power is nothing without control, and you seem to be a very controlled fighter for someone of your age.
    keep it going!

7. MissKarate

Thanks Kuto :)

8. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

Well what to say, Grading? good luck hope you passed. Was it your first time sparring at a grading? if so you did really well, there are a lot of much older Green belts at my Club you would have flogged. Your spirit and Commitment was really up there, which is all they really look for in gradings (at least in the kumite at my club) so in that regard very well done. As for advice. Keep it all basic, it says on the Sankukai website your taught combinations, you know 1-6 learn and apply those, Also don't get backed into a corner and keep your guard up specially when you kick. but i'd wait before entering any Competitions at this stage, because really... you need more practice. keep going to class, and your really where your supposed to be at you level, keep training hard.

9. aka The Clerk

aka The Clerk Valued Member

I don't think there's much that I can add that hasn't already been said.
    But you can add me to the list of extremely impressed by your skill. You showed not only good technique but a great passion for what you do. You can't teach passion, you either have it or you don't. And you most definitely do! Keep up the good work and keep training hard!

10. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Agreed. You have great composure and you remained technical rather than going 'Oh crap' and flailing like mad. Keep training, you'll be a really good fighter. :)

11. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

Good work Miss K. Have to say that apart from the guard thing mentioned by others just try a bit more lateral movement just to open your opponent up to your roundhouses. Also you can't be hitif you're not there!!

12. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Not much more to add from what I've already read from members! I think if you keep at it, you can become as good if not better than anyone else on Youtube that is a competition fighter :)

13. MissKarate

Thanks all of you :)
    I will take all said into consideration and use it for another time when I'm sparring.
    Pacificshore I do really want to do competition fighting but I want to be also doing fancy kicks and all, although that isn't as important. My example of that Chloe Bruce.

14. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Oh good lord, don't model yourself on Chloe Bruce! If you want to be a martial artist, be a martial artist; if you want to be a gymnast, be a gymnast. But don't pretend to do one while actually doing the other. That's my opinion.

15. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

you could probably beat up chloe bruce...

16. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Lol, she could. No problem.

17. MissKarate

Good point Moosey ;)
    Thanks Fish Of Doom :L

18. MissKarate

coronavirus... nice joke :)

19. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

We have a saying in our school.

Are you the hunter or the hunted.

You are definately the hunter.

20. MissKarate

Haha. Thanks :)
    And what do all you guys think of Josh Meek?