Matrix Workout

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Obi-Wan, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

Hello,

as anybody ever heard of, or worked out using the Matrix workout method (Weights)??

2. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

I tried this work out last night, it consisted of....... (You need a spotter for this one).....

DUMBBELL FLAT BENCH PRESSES - as many as you can do, before your technique starts to suffer.

Weights down, lighter dumbbells handed to you.

DUMBBELL FLYS - Once again as many as you can do, before your technique starts to suffer.

Weights down, dumbbells handed to you.

DUMBBELL FLAT BENCH PRESSES - as many as you can do, before your technique starts to suffer.

Weights down, dumbbells handed to you.

And finally DUMBBELL FLYS, again as many as you can do....... wont be many.

3. Cain

Cain New Member

So wat exactly is a matrix workout? :confused:

|Cain|

4. DogTags

DogTags New Member

With what kinda waight? I could do it with two match sticks and keep it up all day, or 40k in each hand and only do a few reps, and get very different results with each one.

5. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

And here was me hoping it consisted of stuff like running up walls, backflipping, dodging bullets, and so on.

6. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

Well it does, but once you have mastered, What the Matrix is!

7. SpongeBob

SpongeBob Valued Member

Sounds Like pyramind training to me.

Start with the heaviest you can shift once then work down in wieght until failure with each weight. Keep the pressure on aswell, don't stop for 30 seconds between weights. (worst bit is when your down from 100k to 5k and some foxy chicks walk in a see oyu struggling, not cool :D )

I did it when I first started training. Helped me pack of bulk muscle fairly quickly (! was 11.5 stone went upto 13 using this method).

Though It is very easy to over exert yourself and cause injury.

Worked for me, but then again everyone is different.

8. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

Hi Spongebob,

it is very much like the pyramind!

I have been doing it now for a couple of weeks, and I definatley seen/felt the difference!!

Normally do about 5 sets, 5 not consisting of many reps!! :D

9. SpongeBob

SpongeBob Valued Member

Lol well when I did it I would usually work then number of sets so that the last one I could get about 10-15 reps (probably at about 5kg). That way it really burned and was agony.

You'll find you'll bulk up pretty quick. But don't expect any definition from that style of training. First things first though, build a good muscle from (low fat) and once you have that start to tone it, with higher reps, lower weight.

That is ofcourse if that is you end goal. Staying fit but powerful is a better option.

10. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

My main goal at the moment, is to actually gain some power and muscle, as this is definatley something my body has been missing for a while!! :D

I start off using 20 for the press, and then down to 14 for flys. And then the second set of press'es drop it to a 12 or 14 whilst keeping the flys on 14.

And then I keep these weights the same through all!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2003
  11. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

LOL!

This type of training goes against eveything I know about strength training.

Sure - you will get some gains at first.

Believe me - stick to the basics - BIG compound exercises, HEAVY weights. There is no magic pill.

12. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

:mad: I sense you laughing at my exercise!!! :eek:

:woo:

13. SpongeBob

SpongeBob Valued Member

Well I'm no expert on works or doesn't at all, so I'd say Yoda is your man to listen to.

But when I did do pyramid training it was working down on the same exersice.

So say chest press, I would start at.......
    105Kg for as many as I could (usually 1 to 2, max 3)
    95Kg repeat above
    75Kg
    55Kg
    25Kg
    5Kg

As soon as I could lift the heaviest weight three times I would increase it but 5Kg next time.

Then you would move onto the next exersice, say flys and repeat the above again.

I'm sure it's not a good exercise for most, but as I said it did work for me (in as much as I've grown) so I can't knock it. :D

14. Jazman

Jazman New Member

It can't hurt to try something new, it might help stimulate your muscles a little more to grow, but in the end it will probably bring the same long term results. There is nothing new under the sun.

15. ROBERT

ROBERT New Member

Pyrimid training sounds silly to me for gaining strength. It is more effective for you to do 2 reps with the same(heavy) weight than 15 of a lighter weight. The only time I change weight is to increase it (progressive weight training). If I used a LIGHTER weight (regressive weight training), I would not expect to get stronger.

Robert

16. Jazman

Jazman New Member

Some people would be willing to substitute gains in strength for gains in endurance, which might actually be more important in some cases

17. ROBERT

ROBERT New Member

Agreed. Although there are much better ways of increasing endurance than weight training.

For the sake of this board (mostly m.a.'s). I would suggest if you are trying to build endurance, to spar in you m.a.(increasing the time you spar each time). Or do drills related to your m.a..

Unless you are doing hundreds of reps per set during weight training you will not notice any real endurence gains while you are fighting.

My opinion is that your endurance training should resemble what you are training(endurance) for. I know people that can do several hundred sit ups at one session but can not run a couple of miles.

I do not know anyone who lifts weights so they can enter a repitition contest. Most of them are doing it to get stronger.

Robert

18. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Well said that man!!!! :D

19. Jazman

Jazman New Member

I'm not really much of a M.A., more of an American football/health freak, so I'll use that as an example. There is a large difference on the field between people with more large muscle endurance. your entire body seems to not get as tired, you're just helping to prepare yourself for more exertion for a longer period of time, that's all.