Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Labatt, Mar 5, 2003.

1. king_dragon

king_dragon New Member

its just a movie....you don't need to analyze it like shakespeare to enjoy it...

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hallowe'en is over! Leave dead threads dead! :bang: ;) :)

3. Topher

Topher allo!

True - but the second and third films really did lack storywise. The story was really closed after the first film, which was excellent. I did like the whole concept of the trilogy, but the sequels were poorly done when compared to the first. The philosophy on the other hand was really good - if your into that stuff.

4. Kosh

Kosh New Member

5. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

I know this thread is waaay old, but I just saw 'Matrix Revolutions' recently and felt the need to say that it's up there with 'Dracula 2000' and 'Dusk 'til Dawn 2' in my list of 'Pishest Movies I Have Seen This Millenium'.
    OK, I'm done. :D

6. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

the hunted kicks **** and so does the blade trilogy, the art of war is a brilliant one as well, good on ya wesley

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Why'd they drive their ship in a circle?

In Matrix III, Jada Pinket Smith pilots a ship around in a long dangerous circle to deliver an electro-magnet bomb that fries all the squids. She takes out the humans' weapons too and ****es off her former boyfriend, but her goal was to fry the squids.

Question: Why'd she drive around in that big circle? I totally missed the point of her having to pilot that ship anywhere at all.

8. neb

neb Banned Banned

Ummm.... Because they started of far away :confused:

Or maybe it's because the squiddies were coming full steam when she banged into that piece of infrastructure. So they had to detour to avoid having the squids landing on them.

Didn't work did it.

9. neb

neb Banned Banned

what the crap does this have to do with matrix?

10. aikiMac

But did they? :confused: I thought they started at the same place where they set off the bomb. That's why I said "they went in a circle."

11. neb

neb Banned Banned

You're probably right,

But as I allready said, they detoured a longer way to get rid of the squiddies which were coming from STRAIGHT AHEAD. Which would warrant the detour.

Like, in pacman, a ghost is coming straight to you from the front, so you turn the other way and negotiate a longer way around some obstacles so that the ghost ends up behind you instead of in front and then you can get back to heading to your original destination.

12. aikiMac

But if you're already in the right place, why move at all? Just set of the bomb. :confused: I dunno.

13. neb

neb Banned Banned

Um... I think it's to do with distance, they weren't close enough to Zion to just activate the EMP due to range.

Now if you want to talk about confusing plot developments, answer me this, just why the hell did agent smith blow up after absorping neo? I mean... why? Wasn't explained, can only speculate. Maybe to do with the big baby face machine zapping voltages into neo after he was absorped, or maybe because neo tickled agent smith's funny bone while he was inside him, I just don't know how we're supposed to understand this?

14. aikiMac

But I thought they were in Zion already. I thought that's where the meetings were held.

Ya, whatever. :D

I used to be a software programmer, so this I can understand: Smith's program ended. It did what it was programmed to do, and then like all programs that have completed their task, it stopped.

Okay, it stopped in a very colorful way, what with all that light and cracking of skin. Maybe that particular method of self-destruction was part of the Smith program.

15. neb

neb Banned Banned

But... If that's so then didn't Smith know this was going to happen... I mean... Whatever.

And I think in the first Matrix they pointed out that the EMP range was short, like, only a few hundred yards. And they weren't in Zion but about a quarter mile from the entrance.

TO BE CONCLUDED

16. Waldo_Pepper

Waldo_Pepper Aikidokey

But if Smith is a computer progam, wouldn't he just do it anyway, because that's what he's been programmed to do, that was his task.

confusing...

17. neb

neb Banned Banned

Smith was originally programmed to obey the system. Then he went rogue and began doing what the hell he wanted. He wasn't, then, following his programming, he was unplugged, a new man, so to speak, like you, apparantely free... :cool:

18. aikiMac

Well, yes, but Smith was still following the core of his programming: "stop Neo and everyone else who left the matrix." Some of the modules changed (he said so in the movie), but I think it's reasonable to judge from his behavior that the bulk of his modules did not change.

Did I just use "reasonable" in describing The Matrix? :eek: I gotta stop!

19. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

wel the thing is, nomatter how well you understand the story. or how much sense it makes.
    that doesnt make it any good.

20. neb

neb Banned Banned

No, what made it good was fun action direction, involving plot, lots of imaginative action sequences, and morpheus with a samurai sword.