Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Labatt, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Best fight seen, I would think it would to have the be the NON CG Neo fighting the Agents Smiths. So far anyway, thats the the only one that sticks in my head at the moment.... heck, they were all #$^&%^ awsome.

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Damn America and its presumptitous pre-UK release dates.

I curse you all!!! ;)

3. Raiden

Raiden New Member

Be sure an to stay past the credits to see the trailor for the 3rd one.

Saw it last night...call me crazy but I was a little disappointed. I liked the first one better. But I'm definately in the minority in that regard. ;)

4. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

one question: why the hell did they make neo fly? I mean whats the point?

5. Spike

Spike New Member

I`m sorry, I didn`t like the Matrix.
    Actually no, I`m not sorry, it was totally overrated

6. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Nope. I liked the first one better overall. But I got the impression that 2nd was mostly intended to set the stage for the grand finale. I got the distinct impression that 3 is going to blow 1 & 2 out of the water.

Mike

7. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Well, they ended the first with him flying away from the phone booth.

I think it's an homage to Superman. Past that, I don't know what the point is.

Mike

8. khafra

khafra New Member

That's the one that made me understand why Waya would rather face guns than knives. Even if not wielded by a ghost, kinda scary.

9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

:eek: ok I just finished reading this article online....
    The Kung Fu of Keanu ... wherein the producer of "The Matrix", Joel Silver compares Keanu to Jet Li ...

Keanu could take him," Silver says

"Keanu doesn't like hearing me say this, but I think he could. I mean look, Jet has been doing this since he was 4 years old and he's very, very fast, very good at it -- but Keanu has really mastered this," he explains. "I wouldn't screw with him in an alley."

"Reloaded" co-choreographer Yuen Chueng-Yam says that what he tried to do is help each actor find their personal style, but he still referred to their fighting skills as "make believe."

"I wouldn't make a distinction between real life and film kung fu because in front of the camera, you punch and you can pull back," he added.

Keanu responds: Your producer, Joel Silver, has made movies with Jet Li and claims that you've equaled Jet's martial-arts abilities. Your thoughts?

No. No way. I mean, Jet Li—he's far beyond my skill. He's been studying martial arts since he was 4 years old. How very kind of Joel to say that. But it's not true.

Joel Silver = idiot
    Keanu = smart .... (can't believe I typed that!! )
    :D

Last edited: May 17, 2003
  10. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

:rolleyes:

That's about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Joel Silver needs to be laughed at on every MA forum there is!

Go to it

:D

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

... before I "go to it" ... gonna have a beer and ponder this "situation" a bit!

...(this beer doesn't exist... but the commercial is pretty cool! :cool: )

12. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

13. Crippler

Crippler New Member

this movie sucks !!!

I watched the movie yesterday in theater and it really sucks, it was just boring, the action was so stupid, I almost fell asleep there.I didn't saw the first one but this one is soooo ****ing boring.

Crippler

14. Labatt

Labatt New Member

Just saw it yesterday.

It was ****ing amazing.

I believe Keanu has great skill, and if he started at a young age, he would be FAR Far Far better than Jet Li.

Overall the movie was incredible.

15. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Nah man, I saw it first in Australia. And I think we actually got to see it here before the US, with the time zones etc. :D Which ofcourse, I approve of. I understand your frustration, I'm sick the US releases as well. I just try to ignor the US entirely ;).

Plus It was filmed down here... ;)

Last edited: May 19, 2003
  16. Jamo

Jamo New Member

Thought it was awesome, but definitely a different approach than the first. The techno-geek in me acknowledges how much more cerebral this one was...more computer references there (made the matrix easier to accept). The fight scenes were there, but they didn't really stir up the emotions that the first one did. CGI was spectacular, double the amount of the first one...all in all a great movie, but I really hope the third one charges me like the first one did.

Jamo

Last edited: May 19, 2003
  17. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I've read some good reviews and some bad ones, opinion is very mixed! It was never going to live upto the first, thats what did the damage. IT got 7.7 on IMDB.com which is decent.

Having a stupid director doesn't help, was a bit like saying Rocky could be Tyson! :D

18. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Stupid director?

19. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

:D I was reading the thread VT

The bit were he says Keanu can kick Jet Li's ass!

20. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Hehe ok :D, you mean producer ;)

But yeah, that's just BS. The guy just can't sperate movie Kung Fu to the real stuff.

But, there may be some truth to it.

Keanu proberly picked it up really quick, and on-set, could just do it, with ease. Where Jet would proberly have to do it a couple of times just the get the right angles, timing... etc. So maybe Keanu's movie Kung Fu is better then Jet's. And Mr. Silver just has no clue about the differences or real/movie.

But in a fight? No way, Jet will kick ass.

And Keanu does have some skill, no doubt. And yeah, I'm sure he would be awsome if he did start at an early age.

But, but, but. I counted three..... how abut you? Ok, but thats eight now.