Massive Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by United We Fall, May 26, 2007.

1. United We Fall

United We Fall New Member

I use to weigh 200 pounds, but after two days of running for two miles towards a spot were I train to do my kata; Taikioka (Sp) One. I do my kata at least five hundred times a day (every day I do one hundred extra) I now weigh 189 and stand 6’3 and I usually have people watching me in large crowds from 6:00AM to 3:00 PM. I train so hard nowadays that when I return home I have calluses on my feet. My diet contains plenty of fruits and vegetables such as sour apples, carrots, and watermelon (my favorite); and plenty of meats containing fish and chicken. I am getting about around 900-2300 calories per day. Now mind you I haven't had a lot to eat because of a low food supply and I am still sixteen, still a male, and in my teens with a high metabolism.

So am I losing weight to fast, should I change my die,t or my exercise program? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

Elaborate, please.

3. inokichi

inokichi Murse

Appearances can be deceptive...according to the scales I've apparently lost about 8lbs in the space of a week and a half.

500 times a day does sound a little excessive, I'm not sure if you're going to be able to persist with that day-in day-out throughout your training. It's great that you're really keen, but don't burn out your enthusiasm and get bored too quickly.

I too would like to know about the crowds...

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  4. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Wish I had the spare time you did.

5. inokichi

inokichi Murse

You do though Tom :p 4 months holiday, eh?

6. Verx

He's a teenager like me, what else do we have to do?

7. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

I'm still a teenager :p Only for 5 months though :cry:

Umm....something worthwhile. 500 seems a bit needless. Not to mention boring.

8. United We Fall

Now the crowds are about around twenty people or more; however they don't watch me from 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM non-stop. People enter and leave the area most people are watching me for about three to ten minutes (rough estimate)

9. Verx

Well that shut me up. :D

Maybe he enjoys kata. But I agree find something better to do, like live sparring or sit ups or getting a social life (just kidding :p )

10. Verx

What are they watching, your training?

*Sighs*

Last post of the day. Peace MAP.

11. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

So you're doing 500 a day, with an extra 100 every day. So you've been doing it for 5 days and tomorrow you'll be doing 600? In a months time you'll be doing..... :eek:

Hm...

12. United We Fall

No I started out at 400. Once I get to a thousand I'll reset it back to 400 after the 1000 kata drills during the next day.

13. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

i'd be a lot more concerned about repetitive strain injuries (not to mention wasting my time, but that's another matter) than i would about weight loss.

14. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

Can I ask what it is you hope to achieve with your 1000 kata day?

15. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

still a male? i'm not sure doing so many kata will change that situation too much. :cool:

16. United We Fall

LOL... Best joke of the day. Nah I don't plan on becoming a woman anytime soon.

17. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Why are you doing 500 kata drills per day? What do you hope to achieve by doing this?

18. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Its not...KATA DANTE your doing is it?..... :eek: :D

Well, if its helped you lose weight fair play...but how can you be arsed keeping count?! :D

19. Verx

He keeps count by how many heads are on the floor. :D

20. United We Fall

And I keep count by how many gallons of blood is on the ground.