Mas Oyama's Kyokushin Way?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Hakko-Ryu, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

anyone know where to get his book for a decent price???? i looked around on amazon.com and the cheapest one was like 200 US dollars!!! and 500 for brand new!!!

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Kyokushin Way... covering Oyama's Philosophy of Kyokushinkai.

Its an expensive book alright! I'd kill for a copy, but the cheapest I've seen it at is £350 :(

As I understand it, its a very rare and sought after book, hence the hefty price tag. The only way you may get it cheap is to buy it off someone who doesn't realise its full value (which isn't exactly honest in itself)

Realistically though, you're unlikey to get a copy for less than $200. If you do, I officially don't like you ;) :D

I'm sure Paul Paterson will have some more info to add to this topic.

Edit: Here's a copy on Amazon.co.uk, it may be cheaper http://s1.amazon.co.uk/exec/varzea/...091/ref=sr_aps_zshops_1_1/026-7587138-9245245

Last edited: Dec 13, 2003
  3. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

damn.....i guess i have to look around in garage sales and such...the amazon uk is the same price :(! have you read it Kgirl??? hmmmmm maybe they'd have it in some library somewhere

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

No, I haven't read it. I believe Yoda has though.

5. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Prices are going to go up for the Uechi hand book now too. The printers broke the plates :(

6. Cain

Cain New Member

Woah! 200 USD for a book??? :eek:

Damn! Might as well get that radeon :D

Sheesh! And I thought the art of expressing the human body was expensive for a book :(

|Cain|

7. Aravi

Aravi New Member

What stops the marvels of modern technology duplicating the original.

Won't be a true original, but it'll be cheaper and will still be printed.

8. Killerbee

Killerbee New Member

I got the book off of Kazaa, its in German though.

9. xubis

xubis New Member

I have never had much luck finding anything MA related on kazaa

10. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Dayum!

I have the Kyokushin Way - Mint condition too :D

Hehe, hehehe

11. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

what a tease....i hate you YODA! make copies for me ;). holiday spirit?

12. xubis

xubis New Member

How much did you get it for and where?

13. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

or i'll fight you for it!!!! muhahaha...i use a gun...you...the force...stop my bullets buddy...

14. YODA

I bought it at the cover price from a regular book shop in 1986 - I only found out recently that it was worth anything more.

15. YODA

I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about - it's a good read but certainly not worth hundreds.

16. Killerbee

Killerbee New Member

Yeah Yodas right, its a book about Oyamas philosophie, which is mostly not realizable if you have a "normal" life with a job and family. I think the most interesting thing about it are the anecdotes from Oyamas life(from which I dont know how true they are).

17. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

hmmm so you say it's not that great yoda?? i've heard good thigns about it...what would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I think it has importance to the kyokushin practitioner, for obvious reasons, but not much to anyone else.

19. YODA

I'd give it 7/10

20. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

ah ok...i trust yer words then! hey while we're at it what do you think of bas rutten's fighting books?