Martial Arts Film maker checking in!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Daihlo, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Daihlo

Daihlo Valued Member

Hi all, just introducing myself, this forum was recomended to me and looks great!

Im a longtime martial artist and also a film maker, I mainly cross the two over and film martial arts tournaments, shows and more.

Ive studied martial arts for over 23yrs starting with Tae-Kwon-Do after watching the karate kid! since then Ive studied different styles of Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, BJJ and cross train ni MMA also.

My work is filming martial arts events, I cover lots of MMA tournaments in the UK and am producing a series in the USA featuring the biggest starts of MMA including Rickson Gracie, Frank Shamrock, Dan Henderson and many more.

My aim with tournaments is to produce good broadcast quality shows that can either go out on TV or be broadcast on my companies Martial Arts PPV service online being launched this summer across the world.

If anyone wants to chat about getting UK tournaments involved, PM me! Would be great to up the profile of the UK martial arts scene!

Look forward to getting to know some of you and checking out the rest of the forum!

Later - Tim Lord.

Quality Martial Arts Film.

2. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Welcome to the forum, Tim.

3. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Welcome Tim :)

Please check out our MAP Meets section - if you ever feel you want to record one of our events we won't be upset... ;)

I sold the DVDs of one of our events to raise money for charity a couple of years ago..

4. Daihlo

Daihlo Valued Member

Cheers Melanie. I'd be all up for filming any UK events, I cant post in the events section yet, got a month to go as just joined!
    If anyone wants a tournament filmed though and given good exposure, get in touch!

Nice to be here.

5. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

Hi, Tim:

Good to have another shutterbug on-board!

I have been involved in a something I call the DOCHANG JOURNAL Project for a good many years, so I have learned to write, photograph, print, bind, publish and sell all on my own. I recently began to tape/film my work and publish it out on the web so that there would be a resource for traditional Korean material and not just the "latest craze", if you will. If you ever get anything of yours out to the public I'd love to take a look. I'm afraid my goals are quite a bit more modest. Good Luck!

Best Wishes,

Bruce

6. Daihlo

Daihlo Valued Member

Hi Bruce

Hi ther Bruce, any links to your work?
    I have had quite a few tournament Ive filmed go retail. Also have some USA TV networks offer to broadcast some of my documentary work but havnt ben able to agree anything on terms with them yet.

This summer I have a IPTV service for martial arts being launched on a big scale, aiming at the USA, UK, EU, Brazil and Japan market. Its mainly MMA based content at the moment but I would love to get alot of traditional martial arts content on it.
    Ive studied TMA most of my life and MMA for nearly 10 years now and with the recent surge of interest in MMA, Ive noticed alot of people coming into MMA with no prior TMA experience. I think there are alot of fundamentals that TMA's teache as core principles that maybe alot of MMA schools dont look at for fear of being 'traditional'. Ive taught both single styles and MMA and have seen this in some students.

Any suggestions on people to contact for top level traditional martial arts that I could film as content appreciated!

Thanks- Tim.

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Welcome - sounds like you've got an interesting job. Nice to have you here.

8. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

9. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Welcome aboard, Tim.

Best regards,

-Mark