Martial Art Documentaries?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Levo, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

As there is a thread on people's favourite MA movies I thought it only fair that MA documentaries should get a mention.

Here's my favourites:

1. Choke
    2. When We Were Kings
    3. Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey
    4. Day of the Zen

Any thought's on there?

Any others you guys (and gals) like?

2. Spirit Reaper

Spirit Reaper New Member

Hey there......um........i think i have Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey, but im not sure.....could you tell me what the other three are about??

3. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

'Choke' is a film following Rickson Gracie during his preparation for, and participation in, Japan Vale Tudo '95. There is training footage and interviews with both Rickson and his opponents, plus lots of fight footage and backstage stuff. It's an awesome film and a favourite amongst MMAers.

'When We Were Kings' is an Oscar winning doc about Muhammad Ali and The Rumble In The Jungle. It mixes a mass of footage shot at the time with modern interviews. A beautiful film and very funky.

'Day of the Zen' follows a day in the life of Mario Sperry and the Brazilian Top Team (one of the best MMA and Jiu jitsu teams in the world). It's only 50mins long but it's really interesting as you get to see how hard they train. In just one day he does a hard conditioning session, a wrestling class with Darrell Gohlar, a vale tudo/no gi class and trains at a Muay Thai gym. Inspiring.

Nathan

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

An old fave....

Kings of the Square Ring - featuring Benny Urquidez, Antonio Anouki (sp) and others.

5. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

the channel E! here in the stated has a few on them on there. Segal, Van Dame, i cant remember who. Ide like to find a Chuck Norris one.

6. Jay

Jay New Member

My Fav's :

Day of the Zen (Cool onsight into Mario and BTT)
    Choke (Rickson is unbelievable ... this was my first taste of MMA)
    Life in a cage (good doc - mainly covering fighters in King of the Cage)
    Smashing Machine (Marc Kerr Doc)

Jay