Marriage imminent..!

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by Chimpcheng, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Ladies. Gentlemen. Today is a momentous ocassion...

Those that know me will have been regaled with stories about Jean (my fiancé) and my battle to get her back over from China so that we can be together again.

It has been a long hard slog. She had to return to China back in January, but I managed to pop over to officially ask her to marry me in March and I've not seen her since April.

Since she returned we've been collecting as much information as possible about our relationship. Photos, letters, emails, MSN chat logs, Skype logs, itemised phone bills, bank statements, living details, employment contract, payslips, P60's, the list went on and on. We spent weeks agonising over what to say in our respective supporting letters. We tried to predict what sort of questions the British embassay was likely to ask should she/we we called in for interview.

We finally submitted our application at the end of April and waited and waited. On Friday she got the call from the Visa Centre and we spent an awful weekend waiting for the office to re-open so that she could go in to get the results...

I'm pleased to say the British Embassy has given us the all clear!!! No interview. No further information required. No investigations. Just a straight forward yes with a stamped visa in her passport!

I'm getting married... :D

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Congratulations Mr Chimp - and to the future Mrs Chimp, of course! :cool:

I love happy endings! :love:

3. Ciar2001

Ciar2001 New Member Supporter

Congratulations :)

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

5. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Woohoo, congratumalations!

6. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Well done sir.

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Congratulations!

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Excellent news Chimp :D

Mitch

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

10. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Well done! :)

11. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

That just put a massive smile on my face dude :D

A hundred thousand congratulations!

If the reception is in the UK, you had better lay on a bit of extra alcohol for the inevitable MAPNinja gatecrash!

12. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

GO CHIMP GO!

congratulations, man!

now let's go bother the admins to get journals back so you can write a humongous entry about it :D

13. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Congratulations Chimp!

14. Chimpcheng

Thanks guys. It was a huge battle to get this far, there's still the struggle of marriage visas being only 6 months long so we have to get hitched by December 20th 2010. Much to do, much to do...

:eek:

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Well done dude. MAP Party. :woo:

16. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Congrats!

Every man need a ball and chain ;)

17. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

That's brilliant :D

Congratulations!

ps - if you are in the north west & want a lion dance at your wedding let me know

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I remember many years ago a friend of mine married a Russian girl and the time it took before they were finally together in this country.

The waiting for you must have been real hard.

19. Chimpcheng

Hahahaha, thanks man, but I think my Si Fu would have words with me if I chose anyone other than my own school. LOL. He wasn't impressed when I suggested an MMA Lion - The traditional and the modern all rolled into one...

It was horrendous man. Every night, instead of hugging each other and kissing we'd log off. Yup, log off... :(

20. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

CONGRATS CHIMPY!!!

No doubt... soon there will be flocks of little chimpitas running amok. AHahahahhaha!!!!
    Don't think it won't happen!!!