Mariokart Wii

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Victoria, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Who has it already? :D

It's currently sitting by the Wii waiting to get played tonight. We've got one wheel too (which is so mine!).

Apparently you can play against friends by sharing codes (although we can't find ours right now), maybe if more people have the game we can test this out.

2. Topher

Topher allo!

I got it!

Pretty good. Bit of learning curve compared to previous versions. Not too sure about the wheel... given how the Wiimote fits into the wheel you don't turn it as you normally would turn a wheel rather you have to tilt it left and right.

We should set up Team MAP!

3. Victoria

Well we've got through the Mushroom and Flower cups, I've come 12th in every single one, bar the "Coconut Mall" where I somehow came first :confused:

Some of these levels are quite creative, and I love the new items you can pick up, and the fact you can pick up items that have been dropped on the road :D

But yes it is a learning curve...

4. Topher

Topher allo!

That's from Mario Kart DS.

5. Victoria

Just discovered a few levels from the N64, wicked, tracks I recognise!

I've given up and whipped out the classic controllers. Must do better than 12th :( That wheel is poo, purely for show.

6. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I can't wait to play this.

I picked it up Friday but not had a chance to play it because I also picked up 'No More Heroes' on the Wii (it has a beam katana people!!!) and Lumines II on the PSP.

The woman in the shop tried her best to sell me an extra wheel! Bless her, I bet she could smell the comission. :D

7. Victoria

Phil had this too, she was saying to buy another wheel to play two player, so he explained how you don't need a wheel to play and the Wii remotes are fine. She carried on trying to sell him it so he explained numerous other reasons to not want another wheel, until he said for gods sake just give me the game woman!!

It is a good game, not as 'busy' as DK Jet Race but much more interesting than N64. And damn hard if you're prone to falling over the edge of the track, like I am.

Rainbow Road looks amazing too!

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Got it on Friday and played on it a few times. Serious gaming will be done when an assignment is finished :D

9. Chimpcheng

Is it better than the previous Mario Kart games? I got them all and there's serious funnage to be had there.

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

More fun on single player than GameCube - especially with bikes on it :D

11. Victoria

Get back to that assignment you! :p

12. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Came home to the pleasing sight of my brother playing on it happily online, lag free. Some real sessions to be had this week I sense :D

13. Topher

Topher allo!

I think MK 64 and MK DS are the best versions.

My only critique of MK Wii is speed (needs to be faster) and handling, although I've not tried it with the GameCube or nunchuck controller.

14. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Might have to talk the wife into purchasing this for her Wii. She gets upset that I don't play the Wii enough w/ her. (bless her heart :eek:) I love murder and mayhem and she likes colorful, animated kiddy games!

I guess I should give it a try w/ something that I miss from years gone by like MarioKarts. No More Heros sounds interesting there Chimpy. A beam Katana you say......

hmmmmmmmmmm........

15. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Snap

16. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

A bit cheeky of me I know MD but really...........

Who wants to be swinging around a remote that moves little characters that look like bobble-heads w/ detached limbs when you could be plowing through a bunch of people w/ a machine gun, or laser rifle, or "beam katana". Playing a character that has more scars then Joan Rivers and looks like a mule's backside!

I don't see the issue? :rolleyes:

17. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I'm with you here. :woo::woo::woo:

18. Otataral

Otataral Sapientes Gladio

i didnt even know this was out yet. When it come out?

19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Last Friday

20. Chimpcheng

Could be to do with the PAL conversion. If I remember correctly, when they converted from NTSC to PAL for the European markets games could be as much as 33% slower with huge black borders at the top and bottom of the screen.

Might not be the case now, what with new technologies, still I'd sacrifice a bit of speed for lag free online play. :D