Marine Corps

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by Ero-Sennin, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah I've been doing a ton of pullups. It's been an exercise I've always sucked at because I've never done it (I've been the guy benching close to 300 but can't do 5 pull ups). I started out doing 4x5 and now I'm up to 4x9 soon to be 4x10. I'm pretty confident I'll reach the 100% PFT score of 20 pullups by March 10th, it's the running that's bothering me as I'm shooting to run the three miles in around 15 - 16 minute range.

2. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Watch out for the other sailors Captian Sparkle. :p

3. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

4. SickDevildog

I knowit, I was just playin too. (=

5. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Good advice.

Personal opinion: The worst MRE is the Chicken and Noodles followed by the vegi omlette. Don't be put off by the word "vegetarian" in some of the MRE's. For example the Manacoti is really pretty good. The Chili MRE is actually good even cold.

Some MRE's have things like Skittles or M&Ms in them. This is important as these a prime items for trading or selling. (I've seen a bag of Peanut M&M's sell for up to 40.00 dollars).

Dairy shakes, your first thought may be why do I want this? Two words: Ranger Pudding.

6. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Run a lot.

Lose a lot of weight before you get there.

Practice hiking with at least a 100 lbs pack.

Watch every Marine Corps movie you can get your hands on (Full Metal Jacket, Semper Fi, Jarhead, etc...).

Expect to hate life for at least 3 months.

DO NOT TALK UNLESS ASKED! Everyone hates "THAT GUY"...so don't be him.

If you can, go to Bullshido and do a search for "Marine Corps". I posted several pages worth of information to get a prospective recruit's head straight.

Good luck!

7. The Door

The Door Ich bin peter

Try not to kill British forces!

8. SickDevildog

Pork Chow Mein is still my all-time favorite!
    :D

http://www.mreinfo.com/reviews/mre/1999-mre---22.html

Oh and sparkle theyre gonna strip all your MREs down to the main course plus bread in Boot. So dont expect to have any jam, coffee, or cocoa powder during your stay.

9. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Really? They just gave us the whole thing, now the amount of time we had to eat them is another story. :rolleyes: ;) (Eat it now. Taste it later).

That is a great site. Having eaten MRE I during my first go in the service I was pleasantly surprised by the changes. I used to pray for the Franks and Beans as it required no preparation and tasted alright. ;)

These new menus, flameless heaters, no dehydrated entree's and commercial candy really make a difference.

Plus you can trade and make some cool things. The pumpkin pound cake with chocolate peanut butter is wonderful. The spiced cider can be added to most any drink to produce a really tasty beverage as well.

10. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Happy Christmas, I got it :) Look after yerself and have a good one.

11. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Here's some generic Army advice:

Keep your head pulled in.
    Harden the bleep up.
    Look after your feet.
    Don't take abuse from higher ranks too personally.
    Keep your mouth shut (at least for "bootcamp")
    During "bootcamp" any spare time should be used polishing brass, ready manuals and that kind of crap ;)

12. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

It should be OK he is not a Pilot.