Marc Coleman selling his PRIDE trophy 20k$

Discussion in 'MMA' started by ShadowHawk, Feb 25, 2014.

1. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

trophy from him winning the Pride 2000 World Grand Prix tournament

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281272848214

[​IMG]

Wow, is he that broke? wonder if Mark Kerr already sold anything of his.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Looking at where he's posting the picture at (assuming it's his home) he certainly does look broke. :p

3. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

that's a big trophy

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's a 20k dust magnet. I'd rather the cash myself

5. Grass hopper

i'd rather have a 2010 impreza wrx personally

6. Moi

You have a point :)

Bad taste, but a point:)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Wow. That's a hell of a thing to part with.

8. Moi

It's a "it's that or me" thing?

9. Grass hopper

i love a subaru, ever since i drove one of the new outbacks two wheel drive just hasn't been enough for me.

10. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

The bigger question is why anybody would want it if they didn't win it? Retail value of it is probably a couple of hundred bucks purchased brand new.

11. Moi

Always picked German cars myself. I used them for work then so they did the job well.
    Now I've no need to speed around and downsized.

12. LemonSloth

To hold a piece of history, I guess?

13. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

he must be having money issues or he parted with it long ago and someone else is reselling it.

like said above, how can you sell a piece of history? Especially IF YOU MADE IT HISTORY!? I could not fathom selling a token of your accomplishments in your life for some measly money? pass it down to your next generation in your family, man . this is just sad in so many ways. Coleman made himself a legend among japanese masses long before UFC got big over in his native USA or worldwide for that matter.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  14. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I could see the appeal. I'd be tempted to buy a pair of gloves or shorts Chuck Liddell fought in for instance. Just not for 25 grand.

15. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

I guess then it would have to mean some thing to you. To me that is wasted money!

16. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

He's not that smart, he should be trying to sell it in Japan, where he is adored more and could probably get more for it. The trophy isn't a piece of history, it's a token of a piece of history, his accomplishments in the ring. Nobody can ever take that away from him. With or without the trophy, he did what he did. It's like a black belt, it's just a symbol, not the ability that it is supposed to represent.

17. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Smells like… victory.

18. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Ha...a new Cologne. Le Napalm de Chuck

19. LemonSloth

Oh goodness I wouldn't be caught dead spending that kind of money on someone elses' trophy. The trophy really doesn't hold any value to me, but I can see why someone else might want to go for it.

That's a good way of looking at it.

To me, this trophy kinda reminds me of my father first buying a Hardy Allcock Aerial (it's an old school centrepin reel from around late 1800's - extremely early 1900's). Looks like this:

[​IMG]

My father went nuts over it the first time he got one on the cheap, where as I always thought it was an interesting looking bit of junk. But to him it represented a point in fishing history, an icon of an age gone by and had immense emotional value to him, which made it much more valuable.