MAP Meetup

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by tccstudent, Oct 20, 2006.

1. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

I just saw the clip from the recent get-together at Steve Rowe's school. Along with Mr Poyton and another teacher, it looked like a great get together. Steve, I must say, you looked awesome!!! :) I also liked the bit with the wall training and the dph.

2. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

Thank you :) I thought I looked scruffy old and knackered, but I guess that's just my 'style' :) I've just finished the first 12 programmes for www.woma.tv the new broadband martial arts telelvision channel - they're being editided next week, so presumably they'll be up there soon.

It was a good day and showed that we can all share without any problems however different our approaches and it was good of RobP to film it and put it up so everyone can share.

3. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Is the video up for public viewing?

4. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFFPUhjmsuQ"]Martial Arts Planet IMA Forum Meet 2006 - YouTube[/ame]

5. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

It just crashes half way through Chris's bit every time I try to download it tho... :cry:

6. AuntiePink

AuntiePink Naughty Member

Did you do that on purpose, Boss? That's a fabulous word!

:love:

7. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

I did that for me too, just leave it and it will download in time. Well worth the wait IMO.

8. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Nice one, quite a good turnout too which is good.

Heard Rob say "Technique is just a starting point". Excellent! That's what I have been meaning to say, just couldn't express it in a good way. Technique is a starting point, its an idea, it's inspiration - movement is the art.

9. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

very nice. maybe be i'll be proficient enough next time to attend.

10. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

You didn't need to be proficient to come to this one! :p You should have come along.

11. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

Of course I did! :Angel:

12. Taiji Butterfly

Nah, it's YouTube. The clip just ends halfway and asks me if I want to share or watch again whilst flashing on and off in a epilepsy-inducing-styleee lol :rolleyes:
    So if anyone can crack it or send it to me as a zipfile... I'd like to see it all too!!! :bang:

13. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

hehe i dont think i had even started taiji when it happened :p but thanks.

14. Taiji Butterfly

Okay finally downloaded it and watched it... :cool:
    extra special thanks for including the bit where I walk straight into someone's fist btw... :rolleyes:
    :D

15. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

...and I thought you were using 'energetics' :D

16. Taiji Butterfly

I made my head magnetic to all fists. It's a "reverse psychology" thing I'm working on... :rolleyes: