MAP Meet 2015 June 13th, High Wycombe

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Simon, Jun 16, 2014.

?

Who is going?

1. Definately going

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. Hopefully going

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. I'm a wimp and have to check with my partner

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Can't make it, gutted

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I cant even tie a normal tie, let alone a Peruvian one!

:D

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

What have I let myself in for?

3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

clip on ties ... the way forward:p

4. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

A handshake or two and a few hugs ...so far !!;)

5. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

And sitting on his knee , don't forget to sit on his knee ;)

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Done.

The first page will get the occasional update with things like the Just Giving page, session times etc.

7. Unreal Combat

It would be a good idea to add any equipment that members should bring with them if they own any. As an example a pair of gloves for the Muay Thai session would be a good idea to bring along. With a request for people to bring any spares in cases other attendees don't have any.

Water, towels, etc. some of it might be common sense stuff, but best to add a reminder. :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  8. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Unless there's a chorus of calls for me to teach DART Karate I was intending to teach Karate kata applications. There's a fair amount of overlap between the two, but the source of the drills will be more apparent in the latter (ie I'll show something that exactly replicates a kata movement and works).

9. John Titchen

I can bring more Thai pads to supplement Mitch's. I would imagine your session will be popular.

10. Simon

I can also bring a load of pads and gloves/mitts, so no worries in regard to equipment.

11. Unreal Combat

Thanks for the support and assistance guys. When it's closer to the event and we have an idea of numbers I will get together with you guys and we can arrange between us what were all going to bring on the day.

It's more personal equipment I was referencing however. :)

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

For anyone wondering what a MAP meet is like, the general level of skill on show and overall vibe of the day I've found some sparring footage from the last meet.
    This is Simon and Mitch showing off their skills.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIz7rz3WOtM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIz7rz3WOtM[/ame]

13. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Stop kick at about 58 seconds...So the guy in white has to be Simon. The guy with blue trousers was doing a heck of a lot of flash kicks, I guess he is Mitch!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yep. He lands a pretty good leg kick at one point that he probably learnt from his Enshin days although it lands hm trouble when it goes to the ground.

15. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I love the way the guy in white was smoking the whole time, even at the end when he had the guy on the ground by the head! What a boss (as the kidz would say)!!!

16. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

It would have been a different story if I'd got my hadouken out.

Mitch

17. Simon

Brixtonbodunwel has kindly offered to take a boxing session.

Such is the enthusiasm to take a session I'll possibly not be teaching at this event, so I may just have to come along and look good.

I'll write a list of instructors and arts over the next few days, although it's far too early to set session times.

18. Unreal Combat

That's a shame you wont be teaching, I was hoping you were going to run some Boxing to be honest.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  19. John Titchen

Simon may yet teach, it all depends on how the day pans out. You'll probably still get the chance to pair up with him.

Brixtonbodunwel has taught boxing at two previous MAPMeets that I recall (and a session on awareness at another) and they've all been popular and well received. You won't be missing out. :)

20. Unreal Combat

I have no doubt that everyone teaching on the day will be up to the task, just with all the work Simon has been doing with his videos lately it would have been nice to experience some of his work in person.

I'm sure there will be plenty of time to gain some good knowledge from them both on the day, so please do not see it as a complaint. It's more of a compliment towards all the hard work he has been doing recently for MAP.

:)

Oh and I officially call for a vote for this thread to be stickied. :D