MAP let's stop "The Artist"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by SickDevildog, Apr 11, 2008.

1. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

In the 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took a dog from the street, he tied him to a rope in an art gallery, starving him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition have watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, until eventually he died.

:mad:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition have watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, until eventually he died.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition have watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, ALQ/iXHGDvkuYXA/s400/dog5.jpg[/img]

There's a thread about it:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106620781&highlight=vargas

But this is not all... the prestigious Visual Arts Biennial of the Central American decided that the 'installation' was actually art, so that Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel action for the biennial of 2008.

Let's STOP HIM!!!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition.html

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

ok now there's a guy that i would hospitalize instantly upon meeting, preferrably leaving him quadraplegic or worse.

consider the petition signed.

3. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

That's art? I don't know what's worse, the fact that this took place or the fact that people are calling it art and asking for it to take place yet again. Some people aren't worth the skin their printed on.....

4. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Done and signed. Disgusting.

5. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

Everything has it's limits even art. Consider it signed. I can't stand cruelty.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Thats gross man.

I've always believed that you are free to express yourselves as long as lives are not endangered due to your actions.

7. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I'd go one further and say noone is harmed, you can do a lot of bad things without endangering someones life.

Signed.

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Gah that's bad! As a gallery curator myself I have limits. Even if I was trying to make a statement or do something groundbreaking I would never allow this to happen, as Mushroom says, free expression is great but when it endangers other people or animals it crosses boundaries.
    This kind of thing annoys me, there are probably some snotty curators standing round scoffing at how clever they are and how groundbreaking and brave the artist is. Well, it's not.

9. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

I would like to see him tied up the same you know as an experiment to see if he lasted as long as the dog.
    What a shower of brain donors.

regards koyo

10. SB1970

SB1970 Valued Member

Done and signed, I don't lose my temper but this just is'nt on and it HAS to be stopped!!!!!!!!!

11. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

On the plus side according to the gallery director the dog did not die, was well fed and escaped during the night. I don't know whether I believe it but it's good to know. Seems there are already some 1.8 million signatures for this thing as well. It's on wikipedia.

12. Rhea

Exactly what I was thinking Koyo. I'm a great believer in letting a punishment fit a crime.

13. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Somebody needs to call the SPCA on this guy...

14. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Thanks for signing everybody, this Smacktard needs a taste of his own medicine IMO.

15. Damien Alexander

Damien Alexander New Member

someone should feed the "artist" to the dog......many dogs

16. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

signed...

*speechless*

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  17. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I'm not even an animal lover, but that's just sick and needless. Signed also.

18. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I placed the petition link on a Pagan forum for them to sign. It will add more to the number of people who think this is horrid and the "artist" should be brought to account.

But as I said over on that other forum "I hope hell embraces him with open arms".

19. Rhea

Anyone on any arts forums? See what they think about it.

20. flaming

flaming Valued Member

How come artists seam to think they are philosophers?