Map Ladies....Help me....

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by cheesypeas, Jun 27, 2007.

1. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hi Gals...

I am worried because I get lots of bruising to my breasts from my MA training. I have been refused a mammogram because of this.

So...what do other well endowed women do?

As I train exclusively with men, their suggestions are rubbish!!

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Ok, I'm not strictly a woman, but do you use a chest guard while training?

3. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

hahahaha

OK, what constitutes 'not strictly a woman?'

No, I just wear a training bra. But, as the training gets more physical, I am having the aforementioned problem.

SO...any recommendations as to where I can get a chest guard from?

4. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

There are plenty to be had, do a web search. I found them cumbersome and annoying more then anything and just learned to gaurd the girls better. Plus suddenly yelling "Hey, get off my boob" in the middle of a grappling session tends to do the trick, as well as turning training partners a delightful shade of red.

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

6. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

i need a few pics before i can comment further...sorry

ok i'm joking!
    The girls i used to spar with at TKD used to use a breast gurard shield, its like an ultra padded bra with support. Should cure what ails yee

7. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

breasticle... :D

Maybe you should get a shock absorber they hold in everything I didn't think it would exsist but it has *holly angel music*.

Maybe also telling the person you are sparring with to slow down and not slam a foot into the boobies as it hurts, you wouldn't disrspect the males and kick them in the groin.

Tans

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I would recommend Shockabsorbers too, wear that when I'm not wearing my new one.

9. Hippolyta

Hippolyta Meet coordinator Supporter

Have to add my support to this suggestion, those things are fantastic :)

10. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

How are you getting the bruising? Is it from strikes or grappling?

If its from striking during standup, you should get a chest protector or some bra inserts like this: http://www.black-eagle.co.uk/cool-g....html?osCsid=975f161d895375c66185120a56728a09
    Lots of men wear cups and get used to the feel, so it shouldn't cause too much problem.

If its from grappling, most people find inserts or chest protectors too cumbersome, so the trick is to squash em up tight with a good sports bra like Shock Absorber, then wear a rash guard over the top, then a t-shirt... padding you see.

Watch out for "fashion" sports bras that make them stick out more and make them a target. Unless you are running and bouncing loads or they are absolutely enormous, you should always go with compression style sports bras. Not good for pulling, but more comfortable in the long run. :)

11. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Those inserts are way comfier than the full chest guards they don't make you walk around with your arms stuck out like a gorrilla, I have the kwon one that Su Lin posted up.

I find wearing two sports bra's with different cut straps keeps things in place, aside from that close your guard up.

12. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Count yourself lucky...you’re a girl...

My man boobs are always getting hurt, and i get laughed at when i wear my sports bra.

13. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Thanks to everyone (except Hiroji!!) for taking the time to help me out.

I wear a shock absorber bra already, but my breast size combined with hard punches meant I was getting unacceptable knocks to my breasticles.(With thanks to Su Lin for such a wonderful word.)

:D :Angel:

14. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Carys! If you're getting bruised you had better get a chest guard.

I am not generously endowed (very fortunate for MA and long distance running) but still use a compression sports bra under my gi. Its excellent, you might want to give that a try first. I found the Berlei brand to work for me, not sure if you have it there.

I do get kicked in the chest but I find its my sternum and rib cage that take the worst punishment. There's no other worse pain for me.

I won't wear a chest guard though as mine are not obvious targets. We don't have fat guys in training so there are no man boobs around either, plus the guys don't wear a cup so I'm not going to be a the only one wearing a guard.

15. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

lol i cant help but wonder what the guys suggest... LOL
    Buying a chestguard is your best bet. If youre really serious, you can probably have one custom made for you.
    Lol i know how you feel.. i have to hope and pray i dont get kicked between the legs everytime i spar. :cry:

16. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Massage therapy? :D

17. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

18. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I contacted the two sites suggested, unfortunately neither stock inserts in my size....boohoo.

Thanks anyway, I will continue to look as I am fed up getting hurt. :cool:

As for Hiroji, Angelus, coma and Verx........*smack*.....I asked for Womens help not naughty boys smut! :p :D

19. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I don't much about get bruised in the chest, I haven't really been bruised there. It hurts more for me to get kicked in the groin!

Heres some products you might want to look at (And theres even one for those man boobs too! :D ) ;

http://www.qp-sport.co.nz/en/index.mv

They make really good, light weight chest guards.

20. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

hmmmmm.. :rolleyes:

i was actually trying to help... :Angel: :)