MAP Clubs Directory!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anth, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

After a break of over a year, the MAP Clubs Directory has returned!

If you're looking for a new martial arts club, look no further than our Clubs Directory. At the moment its fairly empty but I'm sure that it will fill up pretty quickly :)

Feel free to have a wander around and, if you have 10 posts or more, submit your club free of charge. The directory is pretty easy to use but we still have a couple of tutorials in the FAQ, including one for the new Clubs tag that allows you to link to a clubs search from a post.

The directory is in its infancy, but the rules at present are:

• You need 10 posts or more to post your club.
    • All clubs are moderated (ie they need checking by a Global Mod or Admin
    • All clubs must conform to the usual Terms of Service (no swearing etc)
    • Only Supporting Members can post comments on clubs, and Supporters clubs are free from moderation (they don't need to go through the approval process).

One last thing I need to say and that's a big "thank you" to the Supporting Members who have helped me test the clubs directory and offered suggestions (some more of which will hopefully be added at some point in the near future). Cheers folks :)

Have fun with the directory, and lets see how big we can make it :star:

Anth

Yes, this means the big CLUBS button up top now works

2. madknight

madknight Valued Member

Just a little suggestion, you should break Canada up into it's provinces/territories just like you've done with the states in USA. While it's not a big deal right now, it could be in the future. Besides, it's just nicely organized for the people looking to get into a club in their own province without having to search through all of Canada's.

Just a thought to consider.

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Given the huge size of Canada I don't see why not :)

Cheers to those who have submitted their clubs already. I might have a little "thank you" ready for you people at some point in the next week :)

4. GaryT85

GaryT85 Super Gario

great idea, will be good to see the directory start filling up :cool:

5. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Are we allowed to submit a club if we're not the actual owner? I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on here from the club I attend, is it still ok to submit it?

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Course you can! :)

7. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Well i'm just one of the instructors , not the main , and i did.

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Done! :)

9. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Coolness, just wanted to check. I'm sure my instructor wouldn't mind if I do...

Also, I suppose once you go down the track of dividing countries into their regions, where do you end, but Australia is a pretty spread out place... :p But only 7 states/territories... :)