MAP Check-in for everyone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Alansmurf, May 20, 2020.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Yep, same here, "freedom day" means all restrictions will be removed.

Covid will then sweep through the population and infect everyone not fully vaccinated, (and a few who are), so get your jab whilst you can!

2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

We are kind of sorta free-ish. At least we don't have to wear masks everyplace, but healthcare places still require masks and some stores. I am not sure if my office still requires them or not, have not been there for a few weeks

Alansmurf and Kemposhot like this.
  3. Kemposhot

Kemposhot Valued Member

Same here. I work for the trains and masks are required for indoor stations, and on the train itself. However, open air platforms they aren’t required.

As for the dojo, they’ve instituted a phased re-opening. Contact is now allowed as well as class without masks. Instructors still wear a mask though. Feels great to be returning to some sense of normalcy.

Xue Sheng and Alansmurf like this.
  4. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Hopefully, everyone is going to get back to some kind of normality in their respective Dojos and training schools .

Stay safe stay strong and remember to build up slowly .....we have all had some time away and our skillset cardio and focus will be a little behind the curve for a while .

axelb and Dan Bian like this.
  5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

No news from my aikido organisation yet apart from limited numbers, no contact classes as a trial for the last month or so and no news from work about us wearing masks or not. Next week will be eight weeks after my first jab so I'll see if the local vaccine bus is in the area and get my second then. Even if work makes it optional to wear a mask, I think I'll keep wearing mine until two weeks after my second jab. Not that lifting the mask requirement will make much difference - probably half the people I saw in store over the weekend weren't wearing them.

Alansmurf likes this.
  6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Knee surgery in a couple weeks. It co incided with Vaxx#2 so was advised - surgery first, then vaxx after. Just in case of adverse reaction.

Vax1 knocked me out for 4 days. Ate maybe once or twice then slept again.

axelb and Alansmurf like this.
  7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Second jab today, eight weeks (almost to the minute) after the first one. Same centre (Durham mass vaccination place) and the same setup but totally different conditions. Jab one the place was heaving with a 20 minute+ wait just to get into the building with it being the first week people of my age could get their first jab and it was tipping down with rain. Today there was only one person in before me and it was around 26C. One nice difference is that I got a message yesterday asking me to go online and answer the questions (have you been in contact, any recent jabs, any anticoagulants etc) beforehand so I think I was in the chair for a couple of minutes before a 15 minute sit just in case. I can feel the ache starting a little but given the weather this week I doubt I'll be doing much anyway!

"Freedom day" was yesterday. Oddly, I found more customers at work were wearing masks than not so I gather all those who thought it was "freedom" will have been in pubs and clubs making even bigger idiots of themselves.

8. Xue Sheng

Canadian border finally opening up, and Mrs Wu wants to go to Canada, so...Mrs Wu has FINALLY decided to get a vaccine.....soon

Anth, Alansmurf, axelb and 2 others like this.
  9. Dead_pool

So I did a two and a half hours of classes last night, and I am ruined today, and that's with easing myself back in slowly.....

Mitch, Anth, axelb and 2 others like this.
  10. Xue Sheng

Mrs Wu is getting her J&J today

Alansmurf, Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  11. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

I also finally got my first shot earlier in July - Pfizer. In a well organized way in a newly established national vaccination center. 6 mins per person, around 25 people at a time, it went swiftly. After the shot, only my shoulder felt sore for a day, otherwise I was completely fine. I did take the advice to not drink alcohol, that wasn't much of a problem, but keeping out of physical activity for two days was harder. Since I was feeling ok, I went to three Taiji classes and for a bike ride, but there were no problems whatsoever.
    I am going for my second shot in the second half of August. I am looking forward to having the vaccine completed. My partner just registered for the shot today, a month later than me, and we are going to actually get the second shot on the same day, he booked the same time. There's no fairness in this :D But it's nice we'll be able to go together.

Alansmurf, Anth, Xue Sheng and 2 others like this.
  12. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I went back to contact training yesterday everyone I trained with was a similar age so they have had at least 2 jab and I know they are cautious in general.
    A 1 hour session, and despite all the drills at home, dummy training, and general fitness I still feel sore. Hoping to be back again next week.
    It certainly felt great to be back

Mitch, Alansmurf, Nachi and 2 others like this.
  13. Xue Sheng

Now they are talking about the delta variant having hot spots in the US. So. I'm just waiting for another shutdown...for no reason what-so-ever if you are vaccinated. But reason never stopped the US government before

Alansmurf likes this.
  14. axelb

I have been mocking my friends that are against the proposed regulation for club entry.

I thought that they wanted to have drugs as a prerequisite for entering, they certainly didn't mind when they were taking a plethora of unregulated substances in the 90s :D

Mitch, hewho, Alansmurf and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dead_pool

Delta variant is less affected by vaccination then the previous variants, and the US hasnt hit herd immunity yet, as large areas of the us havnt turned this into a political issue, instead of a health issue.

U.S. COVID-19 vaccine tracker: See your state's progress

J.&J. Vaccine May Be Less Effective Against Delta, Study Suggests

Alansmurf likes this.
  16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

No side effects from the second pfizer yesterday beside the sore arm and that's slightly worse than with the first one. When I got up I could probably move the arm about ten degrees and now (ten hours later) I'm getting to about 90-100 degrees whereas after the first one I think I had full motion back by now. I'm putting it down to the experience of the jabber though as the first one was done by a nurse and the second by a guy from the fire brigade.

17. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

If theres a 3rd jab (as rumoured) itll be done by Phil "The Power" Taylor via social distancing.

hewho, Alansmurf, Anth and 1 other person like this.
  18. axelb

I've read that for CEV it will come with the usual yearly Influenza jab, I often have mine in September/October.

However there seems to be speculation as to whether it is in line with your previous jab "type"

Alansmurf likes this.
  19. Xue Sheng

Dead_pool and Alansmurf like this.
  20. Dead_pool

Good, we need to stop travel until everyone is vaccinated, they probably need to stop people using the J and J vaccine for travel too, it's not as good as other options for the delta variant. (As long as there is stock available for the other options, of course, JandJ is still far better then no vaccine).

axelb likes this.