MAP Awards 2017

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Simon, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

That's a very fair perspective.

Dead_pool likes this.
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Arguments for both sides are very fair.

I see it a bit like Brexit.

Lots of people moaning about it after the event. Where were they then when it came to voting time?

The way to get your favourite to win is to vote for them. :D

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

axelb and Simon like this.
  4. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

I kind of agree with Latikos. I mean - nominating Anjelica also seems surprising to me. I can't judge her as a person as I know that, but from what she writes, I can't help but wonder how she could be nominated considering the general vibe of this forum. She seems to have a lot of prejudices and opinions I think most of us don't agree with. On the other hand, this forum is about discussion and in this light, I would actually rather nominate Rataca100 :D I still think it is a pity he was banned. Was it for the opinions that people didn't agree with? What was the difference? Where was the freedom of speech then? I actually really enjoyed reading threads he participated in. The forum seemed to be lively like a poked beehive when he was active :D

As for the other nominations, I will have to take some time to go through some forums and make my mind :)

5. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Now, this sounds like a start of a plan!

I think she can discuss as she wants; I tried that too, but apparently I'm too much of a Red idiot, since she mostly ignores me.

But I also think, that there is a difference between discussing and insulting people half the time; especially if the only reason is prejudice.
    The first can be an exchange and all, the second is something I don't think should be rewarded or awarded. Not in a forum that claims to be friendly and such.

aaradia, Van Zandt and Dead_pool like this.
  6. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Best Training Log
    Best Thread
    Best Newcomer
    Moi Award For Funniest Post
    Koyo Award For Most Helpful Mapper

Wow we even argue about a good thread ......

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I understand your point of view. While I don't condone prejudice in any form, I think it's healthy to have folks like Anjelica and Hannibal to put a bit of tension in the system. (NB. Not even remotely suggesting Hannibal is prejudiced. Well, except against larpers but thise guys deserve it.) It stops everyone becoming too agreeable for the sake of being polite.

axelb, Hannibal and Dead_pool like this.
  8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Up yours!!

No....wait...I mean thanks...

No...wait...GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

also WHERE IS MY ARCADE???

axelb and Van Zandt like this.
  9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: Rataca was not banned for unpopular opinions. The mod team takes the integrity of MAP very seriously. We only ban for TOS breaches. Sometimes, it takes us awhile to act because we try to give every benefit of the doubt.

We used to have a public list of banned users and why, but that went away with the new forum software. I hope we get that back someday, as I think open disclosure of mod actions is important. So I will tell you that Rataca was banned for admitting to trolling. And he admitted it in a public post. We gave him every benefit of the doubt whether he was trolling or not, but when he admitted it, we took action.

If anyone ever has any concerns about any mod actions, please feel free to PM any mod.

10. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

I see, I didn't know that. It's just that sometimes the stir he caused reminds me of some of Anjelica's posts and at times it was kind of fun to read.On the other hand I am not too surprised he was trolling, but hats down to him he admitted it. Thank you for the explanation.
    I hope he's doing well, sometimes he seemed to me like a person who might need some support, although he said some not very nice things, too.

Taking this thread off the trail wasn't my intention, so that's it :)

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. Simon

Shut up. :p

Not me though. I'm far too busy to deal with your snivelling worries. :D

Also, get voting.

12. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I am sort of agreeing here.
    Only not that it should be *his* arcade.
    I want part of it too!

Hannibal likes this.
  13. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

Thanks for the award. Whether I deserve it or not I appreciate it.

14. Hannibal

You havent won it yet...:)

15. Hannibal

IT'S MY YARD!!!

axelb and Van Zandt like this.
  16. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I corrected that for you :cool:
    I think anyway :confused:

But I'm willing to share.

17. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Best Thread: The Technique Thread
    Koyo Award For Most Helpful Mapper: Tough call between Mitch and Simon. Both have gone out of their way to help me out on numerous occasions.

Not really active enough to have an opinion on the rest.

Mitch and Simon like this.
  18. Simon

Mitch, looks like it's swords at dawn.

untitled.png

Mitch and axelb like this.
  19. Simon

Moving into the final week of voting, so please do make your nominations.

20. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Ok, still working on it- So I am going to come in and edit by adding my choices as I decide them.

Edit: all done now.

Best Training Log- Nachi. There are a lot of great logs I enjoy, but her's stands out IMO.

Best Thread - The "So There" thread by Simon. I like how it is a place for people to talk about what is going on in their training and other parts of their lives in a really positive way. Also because it is presented in a humorous way at the same time.

Best Newcomer - Vince Millett (For those who want an alternative to vote for besides the recent controversial suggestion, I suggest looking at him as a good choice to vote for. Has contributed to MAP nicely in multiple threads. Added bonus - no questionable posts with regards to racism, homophobia, or general insulting nature)

Moi Award For Funniest Post - Philosoraptor. I just overall appreciate his sense of humor. Hard to pick a single post, but ok- I'll go with this one. Post 29 on this thread Kumite ( Doest it still exist/go on)

Koyo Award For Most Helpful Mapper. I have to go with Simon on this one. Edit: I have to say it was really close between him and Late for Dinner for me.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018