MAP Award Nominations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Aegis, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Nominations are now open!

Ladies, gents and the generally confused others, the nominations for the 2007 MAP Awards are now open! Several of the GMs have "volunteered" to help me keep track of the nominations, as I'm expecting a fair few this year!

In the event of a flood of nominations for various categories, the top few candidates will be allowed through, depending on the number we can fit into the polls!

Please PM or e-mail the appropriate GM/Admin and clearly state who you are nominating and which category you're nominating them for. Please include a link if the nomination is for a single post, a thread or a gallery.

The nominations will be open until 21:00 British Summer Time on Sunday the 13th of May, so make sure all your nominations are in well ahead of that time!

Send nominations to the following people:

Xen:

• Funniest Post
    • Most Informative Post (or thread if that poster contributed a lot of info in one place)

Sgt_Major:

• Best Chatter (in the chatroom rather than on the forum!)
    • Best Journal

Kinjiro Tsukasa:

• Most Helpful Member
    • Best Newcomer (less than a year's membership)

Aegis:

• Best Photo Gallery
    • Best MAPper (non-staff only)
    • Best Moderator (TMs and GMs only)

E-mail addresses can be found on the Contact Us page.

Have fun nominating, and good luck to everyone!

2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

NO Post w**** catagory ?

No best supporting member catagory !!!! :saz: :Aegis:

3. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

LOL!!

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

We aren't going to do the nominations in threads? It was funner that way

5. Aegis

This year we're being totally different about the MAP awards. Mostly for the sake of my sanity, but also some change for change's sake just to see what happens!

I've only received one nomination so far though, so people had better get moving!

6. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I think there should be a catergory for a cutest member I'd sooooo win that.

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Translation:

;) :D

More like a close second behind yours truly! :)

8. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

What are the start/end dates for the post(s)? Is it Jan 1, 2006- Dec 12, 2006, or May 2006 to May 2007, or something else?

9. Aegis

If at all possible, within the last 12 months (i.e. from May 2006 onwards), but since we've not had any MAP Awards since January 2006, I think it's ok to include posts and newcomers from that month onwards.

10. Lily

Lily Valued Member

That was me!!!!!!! :D

Question - what if people nominate the same person but for different threads for the most informative mapper? Can't we just have the category changed to most Informative mapper instead of having to specify a thread?

11. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

ooo, oo, pick me, pick me!!! :p

lol.. sorry, i couldn't resist :D

12. Aegis

That would probably justify nominating them for Most Helpful Member.

We like to be able to specify the threads/posts for funniest/most informative, as it then serves as an example of what wins for future Awards. Plus it gives us a laugh while taking in the nominations :D

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I am presuming I will be nominated for funniest thread for my Star Wars (May 4th be with you!) . :love:

14. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Do we have an award for 'Member Who Posts The Oldest Joke'?

;)

15. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

I'd like to nominate Hiroji for "most spirited MAP member"

16. Aegis

Just a reminder that we're still looking for nominations in all categories! These competitions are a lot more fun when there are loads of people entered... Less so when it's only 2 or 3 per category.

I.e. Get to it! ;)

17. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Aww thanks G! ;) :)

I'd like to nominate G-bells for "most spirited MAP member" runners up spot! :p :D

love you man!

18. Aegis

Shall I take that as 2 nominations for Best MAPper, or just banter? :p

19. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

I think that I should be considered for rookie of the year. I averaged a modest 6.34 posts per day and had 26 receptions, 19 for touchdowns. I'm a team player, never cause problems for the mods, eat plenty of veggies, am a sexy bald man, like children and animals, a 1.97 ERA and a batting average of .376. I help the helpless, befriend the friendless, and defeat... the featless. I won the Heismann Trophy in '97, and Chuck Norris himself autographed my Total Gym.

20. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

Lol.... This alone has earned you a nomination....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.