MANTIS Child Protector

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by rne02, Nov 4, 2015.

1. CPMANTIS

CPMANTIS Valued Member

Thank you Aaradia. Yes by end of January. And I will be sure that its emailed and posted.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Likewise - the demo videos so far are bloody awful

3. Mantisbacker

Mantisbacker New Member

Oh my what a thread. Here's what I can say....

1. I do not have any MA experience beyond when I attempted to learn from Mr. Brooker. However due to life constraints and lack of ability/coordination I decided to not continue. I can attest that he is a patient, caring instructor. During that time though I did learn valuable knowledge in self defense that has proven helpful.

2. My child has learned the Mantis program. Due to this there was gained confidence and yes, the techniques do work. Like anything, sometimes you get out of something what you put in.

3. Yes, I have read through this entire thread. Yes, I am an original backer. Yes, I know about the car incident. Yes, we have regular leangthy Skype calls and Mr. Brooker is always just a click away. He's proven that to me many times.

Watching children practice and learn from Mr. Brooker is a great experience. He keeps the kids engaged and is always encouraging them. I suppose I can understand where those very deep into the MA world might not find this useful but to the novice looking for self defence it is very understandable and easy to learn.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  4. Hannibal

Welcome

Helpful how? Have you used it? Applied it? Or simply been made more aware?

False confidence is worse than no confidence

As you by your own admission have no experience of knowledge this opinion is pretty lightweight

Meh, that part is of far less concern to me - that is simply civil between parties, although failing to appear at court speaks to low character

Novice, self defense and easy are terrifying words when you are describing a physical skill, especially one expected to work under high stress

5. RonaldPaul

RonaldPaul New Member

In response to your allegation...

I respond as one of those early Mantis investors you refer to and feel it is important to explain my situation.

I became an investor after undergoing the training at the Wadsworth facility.
    It certainly worked for me - someone with little interest in martial arts but looking for the ability to defend myself where circumstances required it.

I had my kid enrolled and he benefited both in terms of the physical training and the resulting self-confidence boost.

I know Mr Brooker isn't perfect, then again, who is by the time they turn 40?
    And being run out of town by some over-zealous city cops hardly constitutes 'multiple investigations'.

Whether you like him or not, whether you believe in his solutions or not is irrelevant. His passion for empowering vulnerable people (women and children) is beyond doubt.

I am in regular contact with Simon and all the other investors and can confirm that no-one has raised any concern. The opposite is true - we are all excited about the future.

6. Hannibal

see above - same response applies

7. RonaldPaul

RonaldPaul New Member

confidence is an intangible. you either have it or you don't. I can state that I now have tools I can use should I need to. I can also state that my kid has put me on the floor despite the fact I am bigger / heavier / stronger than him. It's painful and embarrasing and he does it without any prep. Completely instinctive!
    And no, you cannot compare policing in Canada or the UK with the US. In small-town US you do as you are told or leave. It makes for a very safe place to raise a family, just don't cross them.

8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP.

No offense, but that is a vague statement. Tell us SPECIFICALLY what you learned that you feel would be of value in a self defense situation. Because the issue is the value of his system. And specifics are needed to properly evaluate it.

You admit no other or long term MA knowledge. So, how are you able to know the value?
    Well, you come on here with a name suggesting you are here only to back up this system. You need to do so with more facts and less- I can say it is good. Sorry, again that doesn't cut it. How specifically do you know the techniques work? Did your child pressure test those techniques against a non compliant adult? Again, be specific.

It's a whole lot more of he said/ the other side said/ now there is another person chiming in, but again with no evidence regarding anything but an auto accident- which does not seem to be in dispute.

I know you mean well, but it doesn't help others evaluate this at all.

The issue is his claims of efficiency and the ability of any child to fight off an abductor. Also, his marketing approach that many here - including me- feel is fear mongering and not the most important things to teach a child.

Having kids learn confidence and enjoy martial arts practice is great. But I don't think anyone here has issue with this particular aspect of the whole thing.

9. Hannibal

I lived in the US for a year, lecture there and teach various Police and other operatives....I reckon I have a handle on it thanks

10. Mantisbacker

Mantisbacker New Member

My name is because I am one of the original backers, seed money, investors. Whichever you prefer to call it.

For me, the system works. And yes, I had the occasion to truly have to use it. If my actual knowledge of the program is not worth your consideration my apologies. I thought that was what was being requested.

11. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

How did you use it ?

12. Hannibal

Details or it is just a soundbite

A counter view is always welcome, but when your view is preloaded with "I have no knowledge" then is it really suprising said opinion is seen as being slightly weak

13. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Why was he run out of town by cops???

14. RC1

RC1 New Member

I would have to strongly disagree with these comments made about Simon. I trained with Simon for 2 years and everything the man has said he was going to do has been done and then some. I am one of the individuals who provided money to Simon to help get MANTIS started. In fact, everyone who gave money to help get MANTIS started meets every quarter and is very excited about what Simon and his team have done to grow the business. Not to mention what MANTIS will do to help protect children in a ridiculous world.

I wouldn't expect you to give your dear friends name, but I would challenge you to do some research before you make such claims on someone's behalf. Especially about someone you obviously have no personal connection with. I am sure I will not be the only one involved with MANTIS to respond to these comments. I am very thankful to have met Simon and very proud to be involved in what Simon and his team are doing for children's safety.

The nature of these comments really makes me wonder what the motive is behind them. Simon and MANTIS are doing great things for kids. And to see false, non credible comments made towards a man who has devoted his life to making our children safer is very ignorant and frustrating.

15. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Am I the only one who thinks this is a marketing ploy? The video posted. All these accounts just started in this thread. The similar posting style across several users. All these posts mentioning specifically the name of the system and the name of the guy in charge...

I smell something...

16. CPMANTIS

CPMANTIS Valued Member

what do you smell Ben? Believe me we have much better things to be doing but when someone accuses of thieving $10500 that's serious. Only certain people helped in the beginning and they are coming forward. I'm sure administrators behind the scenes can see where they come from.
    Again, anyone ripped off for £10500 paid in to MANTIS collect your money. They don't exist.

17. CPMANTIS

CPMANTIS Valued Member

All of you questioning the programme we appreciate. We do have a very large collective group and want to constantly improve to give more opportunity to more children. A product launching next year will be revolutionary and save lives, reduce problems and give much peace of mind. It will grow and evolve but attacking and discrediting an individual with good intentions is bullying and hurting the larger group. No one is suffering, no one has been hurt, no one has been ripped off and no one has lost money.

18. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Credible companies deal with false accusations within the legal system, not by getting a bunch of co-workers/ investors/ people to log on anonymously to a MA forum and give vague kudos.

Have you even noticed that most of us don't care one bit about the claims of fraud? Because we are asking for evidence and have received none from this 8moves person?

The issues of substance regarding the system are not being dealt with in any details- just a bunch more agenda people (I'll be nice and not say the word I am thinking) with a business interest popping on to say vague good things.

Many of us here have asked for details. But we get people we don't know or frankly trust yet, who have a business interest by their own admission giving vague claims that they "know" it works. And that with admitting they have little or no martial arts experience!

If you think that is helping the credibility of your system, you are mistaken.

Saying you know your kid could fight off an adult without any specifics on how that has been tested is - frankly - laughable to anyone who has trained seriously in any MA system. I have been training two styles very hard for over a decade, and going to the sort of joint locks you show isn't my first choice in an attack scenario. And yes, we learn joint locks. And yes my school teaches that to children. but NOT as the primary emphasis for an attack scenario. And it certainly isn't taught with this guaranteed to work sort of tone that you have in your marketing. To suggest it is so surefire for a child vs an adult is just not credible.

You would best serve your cause by calling off your investors, who are obviously trying to protect their investment, but so far show no real MA knowledge in any detail. It isn't helping you at all. It doesn't look good for you. It just doesn't.

I want to see the video's and new marketing you say you are going to provide by the end of January. Stuff that you will actually stand behind and not back away from when experienced MAists give their input.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  19. HairoNoSora

HairoNoSora Valued Member

I know what you mean. All these new users who just post the same thing but typed a bit differently. " hi, I'm an investor. We talk on skype regularly. Mantis is great, also Simon is very good with kids."

honestly, my b.s. radar has been going off since I've started reading this thread.

I wish I had some acces to the ip tools just to see if there's some sockpuppetry going on here, but on the other hand I think I enjoy it more on the sidelines with some popcorn and passively watch the drama unfold :evil:

20. CPMANTIS

CPMANTIS Valued Member

aaradia, thank you. Taken on board. All will be seen and made available to you.
    We only launched 5 months ago and have been busy with the 52 clubs on board in over 125 different areas. There is much to be done and much to be adjusted but in the marketing and the representation. The system and how its working is exceeding our initial expectations and overwhelmed the work load. We re filmed two promotional videos showing interviews, class room training, the memory games, the reflex and end result. One will be an advertising promo of about 1 min 40 and the other a little longer and more in depth.