Manny Pacquiao vs Tim Bradley II

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Zinowor, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

For starters, I'd like to say I was right. :D Tim tried to brawl at first, but Manny just kept hitting him with punches he couldn't see coming while blocking most of Tim's shots. He did good, but Manny was always going to win at brawling. Then when Tim got close to being unconscious a few times, he started backing up and trying to counter Manny. Which gave Manny the space to choose when to chain his punches and that just didn't work out for Tim. He's not as good as Marquez and Mayweather at countering, in fact I think even Manny is better at countering.

There were a few moments when I thought Manny was going to knock Tim out, but I think Tim's body punches were finally starting to get to Manny which mostly stopped him from chaining his punches together. Also, his wild haymakers were worrying Manny since he got hurt from them a few times.

To be honest, Tim botched the fight. He could've outworked Manny, but he got careless and threw his one shot at winning away. And Manny gave him a beating for it.

Overall Manny has shown in these 2 fights that Tim is just not on his level and has not done enough to warrant a rubber match. Also because Manny realistically beat Tim twice.

I had it 8-4 in favor of Manny.

2. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

i dont follow boxing anymore so thanks for breaking it down

MY EYES THE SPOILS MY EYES lol jk

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

8-4 or 7-5. I gave many early rounds to Bradley, but the last several in a row I thought were Manny's. He was cleaning it up at the end. I was disappointed, though, in the lack of a decisive victory. I so wanted Manny to KO Bradley, or at least to make it a decisive unquestionable beating (I'm a Pac-man fan), but he didn't do that. I have no question that he won on points, but it just wasn't a landslide that made Bradley look bad. Bradley actually looked really good. In the post-fight interview Manny even admitted that Bradley hurt him.

It was a great back-and-forth fight, but unfortunately for me that's not what I wanted to see.

4. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

HBO, being the EXTREMELY biased station that they are failed to mention that Bradley had an injury and was limping from the end of the first rd on. Tim was also ahead on the cards by the 6th rd. Manny won which is fair enough, but the 4th rd Bradley landed a shot that literally showed BOTH of Manny's feet lift off the canvas... after that he started to wise up. Bradley with a hurt calf couldn't pivot and couldn't move well so you may have been right, but for whatever reason Tim has injured himself both fights, but he did better in this one and could have won it. Either way, the more of manny I see, the more I hope the Floyd fight happens because it will be a boxing lesson manny will never forget. Although I have to mention that for Manny's sake I HOPE he does not sign with arum again and can actually get most of his money. Not a big fan of Manny, but get tired of seeing a trusting man getting ripped off.

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ya, Bradley did say in the post-fight interview that his foot was hurting him, and he did rock Manny. He fought very well. I was never a Bradley fan before, but now that he's beaten the guy who beat Manny, and after his showing last night, I like him as a fighter. He's legit. :happy:

6. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

He probably injured his leg when he almost got knocked unconscious and he started flailing his legs. He probably landed them awkwardly a few times. I think this was in the 3rd or 4th round.

It's absolutely no excuse for losing though. It's his own fault for injuring his leg.

The leg lift shot is being blown out of context. Manny got hit while he was just about to move backwards. Look closely at that moment, as Manny just shifted his weight backwards and then got hit. Not to say it wasn't a huge shot though, it was, but people are getting too excited about the leg lift thing.

7. Saved_in_Blood

No, watch the fight again dude... it was during the first round and at no time was Bradley "almost unconscious", your perspective of reality for boxing sucks if you really believe all of that nonsense you just spouted... Bradley HAMMERED Manny and even Manny admitted that after that shot he had to be a lot more cautious... i'll find the quote if you would like.

8. Saved_in_Blood

9. Saved_in_Blood

10. Saved_in_Blood

People need to face facts that the roid freak Manny has given up that lifestyle and you will never see that same guy in the ring... any guy with even the same skill level as Bradley with more pop will flatten him. arum better start puckering up to Floyd so he can cash out on Manny and that will be that.

11. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

I thought Bradley was doing well and it was an even fight but around round 6 (i think) he started to allow Manny to pin him against the ropes and put combinations together and his game plan sort of went out the window then. Manny seemed to control it from there.

Admittedly i missed it from round 9 onwards :(

12. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

He was, several times.

I'd upload the moments myself, but I don't have a video editor.

Anyway, you're the one who should take a look at the fight again, because there was more than one time where Bradley had unconscious eyes and his legs were almost like jelly. Bradley just covered it up by throwing punches.

Also, you sound a little angry...

13. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

"Also, his wild haymakers were worrying Manny since he got hurt from them a few times."

Perhaps you should also read what I type sometimes. Not just the parts you don't like, but all of it.

14. Saved_in_Blood

I'm not angry... incorrect information irritates me. Bradley may have been hurt, but the simple fact is Manny does not have the killer instinct to go in for the kill because the last time he did he almost wound up dead... this is what is called "a boxing brain". You can't just go in there arms flying when you think you've got a guy hurt. Bradley has been hurt many times in the past, and I've followed his career since he fought Jr. Witter, but at no time was he nearly unconscious. That's just a stupid statement.

15. Saved_in_Blood

With one good foot, yeah I think he was too. Also, I can deal with a judge scoring 116-112, but what was the other 118-110? Felt that was a bit off.

16. Saved_in_Blood

Naaa, I don't feel like going back and reading it. Bradley went into the fight the way he did because he's smart enough to know that he's was not going to get a decision, so he had to go for a KO or at least several knockdowns. arum was never going to let that potential Floyd fight slip by.

17. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Then apparently he isn't smart enough.
    He should have realized that a KO or several knock downs was impossible against Manny and he should instead fight, using his best weapons. That was his only chance and he blew it.
    Even if the judges were to give the win to Pacquiao no matter what, he should have realized from his first fight that what matters is the public's opinion.

18. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

I have to say, Manny did look genuinely worried at times. Tim was throwing bombs even though he looked like he could have gone down several times.

I could tell he was worried about getting knocked unconscious again like what happened against Marquez. So Manny was a little indecisive at times, because I think he's looking for that middle ground where he can hit the other guy without exposing himself to great danger. But he doesn't usually fight like that, so maybe that's why we're seeing a different Manny. He used to roll the dice a lot in the past, of course until Marquez put an end to that.

Perhaps. But he could've just come up with a proper gameplan and defeat Manny for real. Perhaps not by KO and perhaps he was never going to win a decision, but since he already stole a win off of Manny, there wasn't really a reason to be so desperate for a KO.

Actually, if he deserved a decision win and didn't get it, he and Manny would have been equal and a 3rd match would make more sense. Which would have been good for his status (and wallet), since having a trilogy with one of the greatest fighters of all time (steroid allegations aside) would elevate him as a fighter.

I'm sorry to hear about his leg, but as I understand it he injured his leg in their first fight as well. What is he doing with his legs? :thinking::dunno:

19. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

hehe we think alike

20. Saved_in_Blood

Easy to say when a possibly HUGE money fight with Floyd could be on the line wouldn't you say? Let's see... publics opinion (which doesn't pay your bills) or trying your best to get a win and make multiple millions of dollars? Hard choice huh?