Man Vs Machine TONIGHT

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by dexxl, May 17, 2006.

1. dexxl

dexxl New Member

Anthony Mundine Vs. Danny Green fight tonight, finally...

was just surpised there wasn't a thread on this already, anywayz i'm backing mundine. i think he has more fitness, been in tougher fighters and hits harder. i'm not sure i believe all the hype, cos i think green is abit faster then mundine and green can definately take some punishment. tho it's true that mundine has never actually done a full match. i'm putting my money down on mundine for a more aggressive / confident nature.

but if mundine loses his cool, i think that green would outbox him.

(just wanted to post this, so tonight i can log on again and do the 'I TOLD U SO!') lol get ready for it!

2. komuso

komuso Valued Member

This should be a great fight!

I am going to favour Danny Green in this one, he just seems more focused than Mundine. Either way, its going to be a great punch up!

3. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Definatly Green. All mundine does is talk crap, cant wait for his mouth to get shut.

4. Tri

Tri New Member

Anyone know the exac time it starts?

5. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

Yes, he does tend to talk a lot. He can usualy back it up though. I can't say I know much about Green, but from what I've seen of Mundine he is no walk over.

6. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Green to win, i want him to win by KO, but i also want him to win by decision, coz i put money on him and decision pays more :p

Fight starts at 10pm (not sure whether that's melbourne or sydney time though)

7. Tri

Tri New Member

Mundine won by points.

The inane talking continues.

8. watto86

watto86 Nah brah I'm not gone

Damn. I was really hoping Green would win.

9. Aussie Bob

Aussie Bob Valued Member

All bragging rights belong to "the man".

I am not dissapointed with the result, rather the calibre of fight. Green was a mile behind Mundine and never went close.

I don't believe he deserves a rematch. would be a waiste of time.

10. NaughtyKnight

Most boring fight ever.

Mundine dominated all but the first round. His jabs were 10 times faster than Greens. Mundine managed to connect with the majority of his shots, while Green just swung for the fences and missed more than he hit. All I can say for Green was that he landed some pretty decent body shots.

So ****ed off, I hate Mundine soooo much.

I think someone needs to tell the undercard fighters how to jab.

11. dexxl

dexxl New Member

ahahahha ,.. you know it's coming.... I TOLD YOU SO!!

12. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

I saw the fight too... rubbish

13. Aussie Bob

Aussie Bob Valued Member

Where did they get Hopoate's opponent?

I'm thinking perhaps.....the pub.......or the crowd? :eek: After the fight, what there was of it, he was asked what's next? he then offered to fight Mark Geyer. A man who is not even in the fight game.

14. NaughtyKnight

The punch ons outside the pub were most interesting than any of thoes fights. Some massive Aboriginal Mundine supporter got Kod for 5 mins by this tiny asian. Was hillarious.

15. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

^^ hahah i left as soon as the 12th round was finished, i cbf with the people who were most likely gonna imitate their new found boxing skills outside.

I love the fact that whoever was drunk and saw the fight, instantly became a boxer who knew how to punch... well atleast they thought so :p

16. [T][K][D]

[T][K][D] Valued Member

NOOO I HATE MUNDINE~!!!! hes got to be the most cocky boxer other than tyson...^^

17. NaughtyKnight

Cockiness is fine if you have the skill to back it up, like tyson does. However, Mundine does not.

18. watto86

watto86 Nah brah I'm not gone

As much as it pains me to say this. Mundine did actually back it up this once.