MAI taking the micky

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pat OMalley, Mar 16, 2005.

?

Should the fight video be posted ???

1. Yes I would like to see the video online

53 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No thanks I'd rather not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

You go for it mate, I could do with a laugh. And Oh how young and handsom I looked back then:D

regards

Pat

2. Pat OMalley

Hehehe, yep that too, had to have big big pockets to carry them and mine was one of the smaller ones on the market at the time (brag brag). And you could only make a call if you were standing out in the open with nothing casting a shadow over you;)

regards

Pat

3. Peter Bradbury

Peter Bradbury Valued Member

I have to back pats comments on the event up, as the 'younger student' in pats words. The sticks were very heavy, and padded, my oppenent just used leg shots and that is nearly all, yet i came out with out a single mark on my legs.

I was more offended my fight didnt get covered :eek: :cry: apperently the crowd didnt like my long low stances at times either :confused: oh well geuss ill live.......

I would myself complain to MAI, but id prefer to live with out the hastle id get as i occasionaly train at Bob Sykes club.

Peter

4. Pat OMalley

I talked to Bob this afternoon and he assures me that my letter will be printed, I got the impression that the whole thing was a wind up to get me inflamed. Makes for good reading in the Mag pages. He assures me that some of the spectators will obviously comment and that some of my own students who he stated as saying "they thought I got a sound thrashing" My reply obviously was "Of course they would say that;) " I am just wondering what psudo names will be used this time round, as I mentioned Dave "The Dragon" Smith to him I think this one may not make comment.

The letters page has been looking a bit "Dishevelled":rolleyes: anyway, so I think it looks like a way to add a little fire to the feedback page.

But we shall see.

Peter, I understand where your comming from, no worries mate, see you Tuesday and good luck on defending your British title on Sunday. Also corner Jacob for me and don't let his old man near him as you know this always puts the young kid off. If he does come near you, tell him I said get lost:D

Regards

Pat

5. Peter Bradbury

Cheers, and dont worry i will, unless robert runs off and finds someone else to corner him.

6. teacher

teacher Valued Member

Quote "Help a smaller group who are showing an interest in the Fillipino Arts"

It wouldn't be one of those smaller groups that suddenly seem to get a lot of coverage in MAI month after month for no obvious reason would it?

Sorry Pat it looks like someone is taking advantage of your good nature.

I did some journalism at uni and it is always easier ( and often funnier) to do a knocking piece than something more true to reality.

Maybe, just maybe someone miscalculated their humerous effort.

7. Pat OMalley

How did you know that:rolleyes: And there style is systemised, but I thought FMA was just that in a round about way. Systymised that is. But they don't do knife or anything like that, but they are doing FMA:confused:

Sucker punched was the term I was looking for earlier. Well and truely. Let's see what happens when I invite them to one of my Black Eagle Society meetings:Angel:

But hey, even as you get older, you learn something new every day.

regards

Pat

8. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

Hey Pat,

That was so-not-cool for the mag to dis you like that. Heck, you were doing them a favor by making an appearance for a charitable cause and that's how they showed their gratitude? "Juego Todo" seems to be in order...without the fluffy pillowed stix!

Even though all of us here are pretty much vexed about the whole thing and would feel like taking it out on something, you showed your true colors by being a bigger man than those at the mag. It is evident in the way that you've dealt with them afterwards. You could've stooped down to their level; it would've been too easy. However, you didn't.

Understably, and justifiably, you could have gone there and just settled the score, mano y mano (or baston y baston). Yet, you've kept your cool (you've probably got a sore tongue from all that biting!) and did the "write" thing (pardon the pun!). You've composed yourself by letting the mightier pen do its work. Classy...very classy, indeed.

You definitely had to tell your side of the story. Their misrepresentation of you is hitting below the line, so you had to set the record straight. I know that I don't have to tell you this, but please don't back away from other charitable events that request and need your presence. I know, I know...it's easier said than done.

I can't blame you for being skeptical from now on...what a pity to have to think that way. But...not everybody is trying to sell a magazine by sensationalizing things for their own self-gratitude and material profiteering at the expense of people who are simply just trying to help and do the right thing. I guess "Once bitten, twice shy" has reared its ugly head, unfortunately. Just be true to yourself and to heck with all of the crud-disturbers out there.

Cheers, Pat...good to know that there are still some folks with integrity like you around. There's still hope for this weird world...

Adios :)

9. shootodog

shootodog restless native

toss in the writer and include him in the challenge.

absolutely! OLD SCHOOL!

yes? we will have a nice little sit down match when you get here this december.

10. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Thats pants! :woo:

But we all now that MAI like to have an inflamatory letters page.

I missed the article, what month was the issue?

Col

11. Peter Bradbury

Its in this months isuse of the mag

12. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Well, I couldn't find the mobile phone article, but I did find one with you with fluffy hair and a tash. 1997 calls.... :D

13. Pat OMalley

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Oh no, I thought I would be able to keep that a secret. Shhhhh!

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Cheers.

15. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Oh... Ok, I won't post that one then. :D

16. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

You have got to post that one!

17. Pat OMalley

I bet he ain't got the nerve to post it:rolleyes: