MAI taking the micky

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pat OMalley, Mar 16, 2005.

?

Should the fight video be posted ???

1. Yes I would like to see the video online

53 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No thanks I'd rather not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Whats a crownie? Itll have to be good to be the equal of Boddingtons :)

2. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

LOl, damn straight. Some people just live in the past aye.

I vote we all chip in, and buy the MAI printing Presses. :Angel: Hell there is a few thousand of us, be easy to scrounge together that much. :D

3. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

dude, for all its worth now, my 3yr old could buy it out with a days pocket money! ;)

4. NaughtyKnight

Actually on second thoughts, I'd rather spend the money of beer. :D

5. Peter Bradbury

Peter Bradbury Valued Member

First of All Salvatore welcome to MAP.

Well from talking to people in the audiance(not members of Rapid Arnis or people who even know Pat, but people from your own club), they seemed to think the other fights had clear winners to, and they also seemed to think that Pat was certianly not beaten.
    Also im failing to see why it was not anounced as a draw on other grounds as well -
    1. Every Karate fight you refered was a draw
    2. The other 2 stickfights were anounced as a draw and you just said that you thought you'd just give at as a draw as it was not for charity. Why not Pats :confused:

And you are clearly an unbias view point for this. Hhhhmmmmm.......

can you get sticks in a packet??? i have to say i didnt know that.

Peter

6. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Never mind that, what happened to the Video ?????

Theres got to be someone about that can host it ;)

I for one would LOVE to see it :D

7. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

Sooooo did Pat's opponent take long/many breaks due to exhaustion or "just to get his wind back" or not...

*just thought I would keep that up there... ;) *

8. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Ive got plenty of free host space! But Im still wondering if Pats opponent took lots of breaks??

9. Scotty Dog

What better way to find out than watching it in Glorious Technicolour :D

Release the Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Salvatore

Salvatore New Member

ok this thing with the break it was about 30 seconds if that for someone who was winning comfortably but full of cold at the time and it was someone like Pat who had said they would do this charity bout, and i dint think it would make that much differance. Now i heared that Asaf will have another bout with Pat so maybe you lot should come and watch???

Now Peter the karate fights the reason these were all draws it was a kids demo not proper bouts and you seem to forget that the grappling bouts and the kickboxing bout they were no draws.

and as for people in the crowd giving there views, i had many people congratulating me on giving the fair results of the bouts especially Pats and Asaf's.

2 pints of larger and a packet of sticks maybe thats just to deep for you mate!

cheers
    Salvatore :cool:

11. Scotty Dog

I'd Love to, still like to see the vid of the 1st one though ;)

12. Peter Bradbury

indeed there were no draws in those, but they knew they were fighting to win.. as for me and pat, we were there for a 'demo' and therefore were not out to win.

In that case we talk to diffrent people, guess we'l just have to live with that then.

Peter

13. Peter Bradbury

Im afraid i cant see this happening.

Peter

14. Richdog

Richdog Limecat is watching...

From a purely objective point of view though my opinion may not mean too much I think Pat and co should just let this lie. Every post made on the subject is merely feeding the trolls and likely making Bob and his little henchman Salvatore chuckle as he sees people getting more and more wound up.

Just lock the thread, put it down to experience, and sit safe in the knowledge that you are being the better man.

Rich.

15. Salvatore

Salvatore New Member

Peter every one was there for the same reason... now i think the truth is starting to come out.
    Give them enough rope.................

cheers
    Salvatore :cool:

16. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

Wow, I thought the media over here in the states held the title as most crooked for skewing articles to their advantage and not reporting all the facts. I'd have to say that this is not something I would have expected out of respected MA publication. I certainly wouldn't expect them to have someone else post on their behalf like seems to be happening now. Oh well, that's how the world works sometimes.

17. mike-a

mike-a Eskrima Geek

I've been lurking and watching this saga unfold (like *many* others I suspect) and one thing occured to me about this "bout". It may be possible that, in Salvatore's judgement, Pat lost. The simple fact is that, as he thought it was a charity match he was almost certainly *not* fighting all out, at the top of his game. He would have been putting on a good show.

Had he been fighting hard, the result would have been *very* different, and there would be absolutely no dispute.

Just my 5 cents worth ...

18. Stxsas

Stxsas Keep on Flowing..

So, are you saying what Pat has been saying all along, that it was all for Charity :confused:

We live and learn, eh Pat,

Then we die and forget it all, lol :D

19. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Look Salvatore

Let me put forward the suggestion that someone releases the video of the match. As other posters have noted, Mr Sykes himself proclaimed the existance of said video:
    We can even arrange for it to be hosted on a neutral site (I'll be happy to take care of that). Then we can let everyone decide for themselves.

If it was as decisive a victory as you and others claim, that will come out. If it was along the lines of what Pat claims, then that will come out.

Either way you are on the side that apparently has the evidence and you don't seem to be acknowledging it. Therefore, it tends to lead people to think that something isn't quite right with the story.

I hate to say it, but unless the video comes out, now that it's existance has been made known, most likely very little of what you post here will make any difference. Futher, ignorant polemics, like the one featured in the latest MAI don't help the arguements of your side either.

- Matt

20. NaughtyKnight

Exactly right, post the video!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.