Magnotherapy?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by rigsville, Dec 15, 2003.

1. rigsville

rigsville Shukokai Karate

Has anyone got any opinions of the use magnotherapy in healing or alleviating pain?

I have a few friends who swear by BioFlow wristbands.

2. Zero Vector 0

Zero Vector 0 New Member

3. Shade

Shade New Member

wow free immortality rings. If only it were that simple.

4. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

I know several older people with arthritis that swear by magnetic bracelets.

5. rigsville

rigsville Shukokai Karate

I must admit that I'm getting less sceptical about these things, One of my friends lent me a BioFlow wristbands because I was having loads of aches and pains in my ankles, knees and hips and after 10 days I feel a more comfortable and have less pain.

Could it be due to the wristband or maybe is some sort of placebo effect?

I'm not sure which but I must admit I'm very tempted to purchase one myself.

6. Killerbee

Killerbee New Member

Maybe after 10 days your pain went away naturally. You should have tried using the bracelet only on one ankle so you could see if it heals faster.

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'm guessing psychosomatic effects, or normal natural healing.

And Killerbee, unfortunately wearing just one tiny little bracelet is supposed to affect your whole body, so you can't actually test whether one injury heals faster.

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

... copper, inflamation and bio-magnetic healing

The presence of copper in the body has been known for centuries, yet our bodys need for copper has not received the same emphasis as other popular minerals like iron and zinc. When you take into account the fact that copper is used by essentially every cell in the body, it doesn't make sense that its healing qualities have not been better received in the modern medical field.

Early medical practices touched on these findings and used certain copper applications such as copper containing ointments and bracelets to treat painful joints and muscles. These medical practices have been abandoned by the modern medical field

Bio-magnetic healing (wearing magnets).... Linus Pauling, received a Nobel Prize for his discovery of the magnetic properties of hemoglobin in the blood. He found that iron, in addition to its other functions, plays an important role in cell metabolism. Iron, and many electrolytic salts in our blood circulate bio-magnetically. In light of these discoveries, it has been found that the remote effect of magnetic flux on the body involves the iron in the bloodstream and its ability to be magnetized. This magnetization results in an acceleration of circulation and the transfer of negative (bio-north) energy to all areas of the body. Research and studies in Japan and India have found that wearing magnetic bracelets relieved shoulder pain in more than 70% of those tested.
    http://www.healingwithcopper.com/magnetpage.html

Hey if it works (whether its in your mind or not) ... who cares!!

9. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Sounds like Chi to me :D