Lyoto Machida vs Shogun Rua

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by The Decay of Meaning, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I think Yohan's point is key. When people start getting in to the new big thing this vs the new big thing that, they'll always get let down at some stage.

A perfect record is rare precisely because the more you win, the more pressure there is, and the less impetus you have to change your game plan. Sometimes you need a loss to rock you out of complacency.

Actually, I've got a question for you knowledgeable MMA guys - has anyone used Machida's loss yet to show how Shotokan doesn't work? I only ask because obviously during his winning streak everyone was saying how he didn't really do shotokan.

(not trying to make a big deal out of anything, literally just pure curiosity!)

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I'm super glad that Rua beat Machida, not because I was rooting for him, but because his victory made the LHW division the most exciting division in the UFC.

Rua is champion, but Rampage, Machida and Rashad Evans all have a shot. Plus, Couture is back in LHW, and Rua said he would take a fight against Anderson Silva.

That's just sick. Mad sick. Retarded sick. I can't wait to see Rampage vs. Evans. I think Rampage is gonna kill that boy, and then him and Rua are gonna fight and it'll be like the Pride days again. Snippity Snip SNAP!!

4. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I completely agree, watching Shpgun win reminded me of watching the 2005 GP for the first time. EPIC

5. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

The LHW is stacked, was stacked, will be stacked for the forseeable future. It's pretty much the only division in the UFC where I think whoever is on top really os the best, for now. But man I love the competition. With so many bona fide contenders, once and futute champs, and a bunch of uncrowned champs there's so many matchups I want to see I can't even list them all. Can't even remember the last time that was.

6. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Yep, its a good time to be an MMA fan. HW is looking pretty stacked as well with Lesner, Carwin, Cain and Dos Santos all looking unstoppable

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Well said

8. stiffler100

stiffler100 Banned Banned

so they could hype up the rematch!

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

God I luv me sum English language! :p