Lump on shin

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Mahke, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Mahke

Mahke New Member

Hi guys

This might be something you all roll your eyes over, but I'm new to MA so please bear with me :)

I have a lump the size of a golf ball on my shin where me and one of the instructors clashed shins quite violently when sparring almost 2 weeks ago (I don't own shin guards, natch, but I'll be looking into it!). I only notice the lump come up in the last 10 days, but it's not going away.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

I'd make a doctors appointment, but since they usually take 2 weeks at my GP, I'll probably be ok by then (or have me leg fall off :p).

Again, sorry if a daft question, but I thought you lot would have experience in this kind of thing :D

2. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

I've had a similar trouble, is it bruised and swollen? Mine was for a good week before it started going down and was still lingeringly yellow and dodgey for another week.
    If it's still swollen after 2 weeks sounds a bit more serious? Ask a mod to move it to the injuries section?

3. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

You maybe should have posted this in the MT section, Ill bet they get these all the time.

Ive had a few of these myself, they are like the lumps you would get as a kid when you bumped your head. It should go down in time, probably nothing to worry about. Best see your doc if it doesnt get better soon just to be on the safe side.

4. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

I have to echo what's been said already. I get these bumps all the time. They genrally do in about a week, if you iced it shortly after the injury happened.

5. Mahke

Mahke New Member

Thanks for the responses, all. I checked it with my instructor and he said it's nothing to worry about; if I'd iced it when it happened it probably would have gone by now. Just another war wound I guess :)

Mark