Low carb GROW! MRP from T-nation

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BoxBabaX, Jul 13, 2005.

1. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Anyone ordered this stuff before? how was it?
    I was thinking of trying it out, looks pretty solid, just wondered if anyone had tried it. Is it good quality? recommend something else?

thanks for the input :D

edit: sorry, this may help: Link :D

2. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

It's yummy and good quality.

I've been hooked on MRM brand whey lately.

3. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

thanks for the quick reply :D, whats MRM?

4. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

You know, I have absolutely no idea what the initials MRM stand for and I look at their products every day. The rep came down and gave us (the guys that work in sports nutrition) some sample 2 pound containers and some BCAAs, Glucosamine, aminos and etc to check out. Anyway, their protein has become basically my favorite one at the moment.

Another good one is by NuCare and the protein is called Nublend. Good stuff, has 5 different protein types for a 3 hour dispursement.

Then of course you can always check out www.trueprotein.com Dante rocks (the guy that owns the company).

5. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Thanks for the info samurai, what would i do without a fellow american around, who provides .com's :D

6. Jester

Jester I elbow, therefore I am.

Heh they sell a 50lb. container of protein. Where do you even store that? :D

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

The Lo Carb Grow is very good stuff (I got mine from Affordable Supplements, UK readers) and it tastes great. I'm currently on the SAN Infusion which seems to be doing a good job too

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

28quid for that? Pfft, no thanks, I just got 5kg of unflavoured whey for 37quid. Goes in anything, tastes of not a lot. Great stuff. It's not bad at the tnation price but for 28quid in the UK there are a million better options.

9. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Man, I wanna work where you work. Free supplements to try and all that stuff (don't BCAAs taste like CRAP in their more purer forms though?)... :eek:

10. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Yeah, I never got that when I was working at GNC...or when I was working at The Vitamin Shoppe. :confused: ;)

About the Biotest Grow, I want to contribute something back to them by paying for their products (goodness knows I exploit, I mean, frequent their site often enough) but I seem perfectly fine with the Muscle Milk and ZMA I get at the Vity Shoppe. Maybe I'll pick up some Hot-Rox online, and we'll call it even. I do want to give Surge a go-round.

11. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

its 20 g protein per serving, would you guys recommend just throwing in 2 scoops, or mixing it with other stuff?

12. DJHalliB

DJHalliB R3g1st3r3d Uzer

I read t-nation so much that I want to support them by buying their products.

Only problem is, I cant, because they dont accept credit cards from iceland and I dont wanna do it another way. I really want to try Spike and Low-Carb Grow!, but thats life.

13. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

wow i just read some pretty interesting variations of that Grow! with food, drinks etc, those people at t-nation are pretty creative lol. Is grow! fine as a PWO shake? even though it "forms a kind of gel in the stomach upon ingestion, it's absorbed slowly and uniformly"- t-nation. Would this interfere with later meals during the day? and protein intake?

14. Ad McG

It's not really a PWO shake because of the casein in it. If this is the only kind of shake you can afford, go for some bulk unflavoured, unbranded whey that you can put into anything.

15. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Is it better as a before bed shake due to its nature?

16. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Yes.

If you want a PWO shake, the same company offers a product called "surge".

17. Ad McG

Personally I'm moving away from the whole PWO insulin spike, but that's just me... and avant labs! :)

18. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

You know, I've found whats more benificial than worring about a good PWO shake, is just eating lots after a workout. Just keep eating in the many hours following your workout.

Eat eat eat, and dont worry about PWO shakes. (even though I still take them habitually :p )