Lotus Neig Gong - despicable fake.

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Fire-quan, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Our old friend Lotus Nei Gong - Damo, who has the highest knowledge of internal whatever- just fake nonsense - I call you a fake and a charlatan and if you don't like it, Damo, I just laugh at you. However, as always, I can arrange a room if you want to come over and try it on some resisting students.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2UEsD7hYAs"]YouTube - Taiji Forces[/ame]

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I dont care what a bunch of delusional blokes do in their free time.

But when they label it TaiJi...they need talking to. :bang::bang:

3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Oh my gosh

Are they for real..

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  4. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Sure - it's Lotus Nei Gong who wrote on here a couple of weeks back, invited someone to go to his week end course.

5. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I find it strange how such a large group of people can be made to behave like that.. whats the secret? I want to start a cult too! :)

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Yeah I remember.. It's just the reactions are some of the most unbelievable I've ever ever seen...
    they do say "one born every minute" - that's a lot! :)

But really imo it's a way of teaching the recieving end of things.. and some people won't see or don't wish to see past it or beyond it. They won't see the woods for the trees..

I just wonder if it ever occurs to them to not 'go with it' or resist or something?

I mean right at the end - do you think that guy reacts that way when he shakes hands with someone. Didn't it just look like they were shaking hands.. funny.

7. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Yeah, thats pretty much what I figured.. but really.. WTF is up with people? Maybe we should start a business and just give people what they want - delusions! I'm sure I could come up with some bizarre stuff for people to pay me for.. :)

8. LotusNeiGong

LotusNeiGong New Member

Hi all,

You are right Fire Quan. This does not work on resisting partners. That is not what this is about. This is really just playing about with internal forces. Both people need to be fairly sensitive to what is going on. This was taken at the end of a course and was just me playing arond with some of my students. Its kind of like partner Qi Gong. The pushing hands we practice is actually more conventional and practical with a focus on body mechanics etc much like you would do I guess. I separate the actual process of pushing hands from playing around with internal energy like we are doing here. No, its not fake, its just that its not about fighting either. So: Going in to a room and pushing like this with your resistant students or whatever would not really be a lot of use! I also study the practical stuff though, more than happy to come and try that with you if you want, sounds like fun :)

Ha ha ha, I actually laughed when I saw that people think we are a cult. It might be kind of fun to run a cult to be honest but no, thats not what we are. We are a group which train in two things: martial arts and qi gong. We separate the two but as you can see, they cross over which is just a bit of fun really.

No, that doesnt happen when I shake hands with people who dont train excessive amounts of energy work. That would be really annoying!

9. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

People are hard wired to belong to groups- we're social animals, and we naturally harmonize our perceptions with those of the group in order to belong.

Out of a town with a few hundred thousand people in it, you'll find maybe ten or so who'll happily believe in anything - just so long as you give them, in return, the sense of belonging and being connected to or with something special.

Cultish leaders only really need two things - one, to manipulate you via your self importance (which we all have) in to believing that the only really important criteria for assessing anything is your own personal viewpoint, and two, the ability to make you experience things in the way they want you to.

The second one is achieved, mostly, by the student themselves - they choose, actively, to experience things in a specific way because they get something out of it - it's really only self interest that makes them conform to the belief.

This is a big problemin our culture as a whole, not just in martial arts, and it's called 'personal truth'. If a hundred people have been murdered in your town, but you feel safe, then that translates as a 'personal truth' for you that the town is safe. Politicians use this actively, by disregarding appaling crime statistics in favour of saying 'most people feel the streets are safer' etc.... or, most people feel that the economy is doing well...

That eliminates truth, and shared, gathered, informed, actual fact, and replaces it with a million individual cases of disinformation.

Those other politicians, martial artists, do the same thing every time they try to get around real proof or facts by appealing to private proof, as in, 'you can't see how powerful I am, you have to experience it' - that's really a lie, and it's the exact same lie that allows this, and cults, and politicians, to manipulate us. Because the truth is, I can make a certain amount of people 'believe' that I am powerful, but that doesn't mean I am, it just means that they wanted to believe.

And they do - because I want to believe that I'm part of something special. And I'll even completely step through the looking glass, so that authentic experts seem like fakes - THAT'S why their martial art or message seems so different to mine... lol... because I have so much invested - in my ego - in being part of the cult... I have a lot to lose, if I believe anything outside of the lie.

10. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Then come. I call you fake and liar, cheater and fraud. PM me when you want to come over to my class. Or if you can't PM - just say here when you want to come over. Your lies and fake excuses disgust me, and I'll be happy to experience your enormous practical experience and skill, humble level as I am.

11. LotusNeiGong

LotusNeiGong New Member

Erm...Okay...

I cant remember, but I think it was you who I offered the course to last time I was up on this forum. The offer is still there but if you do come I ask that you not be a rude as you are from behind a keyboard.
    I will leave you to your discussion where you will continue to slate a Qi Gong exercise for not being martial when it isnt actually a martial arts demo! To me the energy side of this is the most fascinating side of it. But that doesnt mean I would not take great pleasure in kicking your head in if you were ever this rude to my face. We are not total energy hippies!

Peace and love

Ha ha, sent this message at the same time as you sent yours so apologies for the flow being out of sinc. My offer of the course is still there.
    Hang on, why do I have to come to you?! You are challenging me right? My classes are in Street, Somerset on a Wednesday night from 7.30 - 9.00pm. If you are close enough and want to come and be this rude to my face then please feel free. The only thing that I ask is that you wait until my class has finished so that I can get some of the old Tai Chi ladies out who might be bothered by something like that!

12. Puzzled Dragon

Puzzled Dragon Valued Member

Hi there,

nobody except me seems to be having a trouble with the vid's technical quality? Here, the picture stays static for about 2 minutes, then jumps 2 minutes ahead, gets stuck again and so forth. This has happened before, but not very often.

If you have some advice, please don't hesitate to send me a pm.

Many thanks in advance,

Puzzled Dragon

13. macker

macker Valued Member

This is getting interesting, however is it going to end up one of those 'no you come here', 'no, you come here' type thing. Looking at how many posts Fire-quan has, they may struggle to get away from the internet!:rolleyes:

The video is quite funny though.

14. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Hm.

15. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

hm? your answer is hm?? I gotta agree with the 'fake'...you are challenging them..you should go to them.

16. whoflungdat

whoflungdat Valued Member

Ok I don't know you or what skills you have (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here) But, why, why would you post a video like this on UTB. I just don't get it. The only internal energy going on here is maybe a bad case of flatulence.

17. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Why not both travel and meet in the middle?

18. LotusNeiGong

LotusNeiGong New Member

I posted the video just to show some of the oher sides of Taiji training. Empty force and other stuff like this gets really misunderstood. To me it is just an energetic training tool for increasing sensitivity and so on, it is so much easier to actually work with your internal energy when you can see how it effects your body and feels. It is more to do with health and spiritual development than anything else. I have had a couple of teachers who could use it to throw me around all over the place but they certainly could not use it if I attacked them, that is not the point of it. I did actually have one tecaher who SAID he could use it to defend himself but I very much doubt he could. The video is a combination of conventional pushing hands and two person Qi Gong to exagerate the Taiji energies really. Its fun, interesting and good for your health. Not everything in Taiji has to be about fighting. The one major benefit it does have for your fighting is your increase in sensitivity though, I found it went up loads once I started with exercises like this. A person usually has to train for a short while before they can relate to another person energetically. The main tool for this is something like spontaneous movement Qi Gong. I dont know what other schools use though?
    The martial training that we do is far more down to earth and body mechanics based, realistic basically. The only danger in my opinion is when schols go totally down the energy root and start to believe tht they could knock out Mike Tyson with Qi. Shame though, it would be quite fun!
    I know videos like this get a slating but they should really be slated in Qi Gong sections, not as martial footage.

19. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Fairplay.. I'm glad you came on and explained, i figured it could be something like that.. You have to be careful how you label things. Sensitivity drills would have been better in hindsight I guess and some explanation on the you tube page. I can understand drills like that as part of a wider set of instruction and practices in martial arts. That also include the other side of that coin, resisting in a 'relaxed' manner, testing posture, that sort of thing - like absorbing a push and issuing back.

They can look goofy those type of drill you're doing, but help to cultivate 'song'. I would sometimes push myself off a wall and just let my own force take me - not bring in any tension or 'braking' - and I would really go some distance.

I have to say at least one of those guys seemd to be milking it a bit more than it was worth.. But hey..

You can feel where your balance is going, how gravity is working on your unbalanced structure, and you just let the force dissipate on its own accord. It can be a bit of fun and a little interesting. But I mean how much is there really to explore after a certain comprehension or feeling, and how much does it really have to do with qi gong - I don't know..

cheers

20. StudentOfTao

StudentOfTao Valued Member

Just a quick question. When you say that it cant be used to defend against an attacker what are you talking about? Taichi or Qi Gong? I dont know much of qi gong exept for its use in the healing arts but I do know taichi can be used in self defence with great results. Taichi actually stands fro Supreme Ultimate. It is said to be the supreme fighting art. Now ofcoarse that is a matter of opinion and also depends alot on the martial artist but I do know for a fact that it can be used for self defense, as a matter of fact its one of the most effective. By controlling your opponent you demoralize him and make him give up without having to cause excessive harm to him at the same time you are showing mercy which most of the time ends the dispute with an apology. If you were not talking of taichi then atleast this is some more info on here of taichi. :)