Lost my way.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by franksv, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Topher

Topher allo!

I agree with that...

...But not at. I've been doing it for just over a year. Of course i still make mistakes, but i think it could use it if needed. 2 years into training should be very good and i would question the persons training if they really couldn't use it after 2 years.

2. Stxsas

Stxsas Keep on Flowing..

Franksv have you taken a look into Jeet Kune Do?

3. DEATHskull

DEATHskull TKD Bearfighter

I've been having the same problem myself. After joining the military I didn't do anything for about 3 years and then I finally decided to try and start back up again and I couldn't find any styles that I was interested in near here. Last year though I found an ITF TKD school and I went to a couple of classes. I ended having to go out of town for a few months and I haven't went back since. I think it was mainly because the white belt class is mixed in with the children and I was the oldest person in there besides one of the kid's moms. I've also been going through a divorce since then too which didn't help my motivation all that much. Recently though I think I've had a change of heart and I'm thinking about going back, I figure after a couple of weeks I could be ready to test for yellow since I still remember the first 2 forms. Anyways here's the topic I posted about it last year if you're interested. http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30823

4. franksv

franksv Valued Member

Whenever I meet somebody who has served in the U.S. millitary,I always take time to say "THANK YOU".Your service,sacrifice and bravery is appreciated.

On to the topic.Thanks for the link.I have a good idea what I m going to do.Man,I am sorry to hear about anyones marriage ending,Hang in there.I say go back and get involved with something healthy,especially if your having a bit of a rough spell in your life.Let us know if you end up going back and getting your yellow belt.Best of luck to you.

Frank

5. franksv

franksv Valued Member

Yes,tried it for a month or so long ago.

6. IrishStomp

IrishStomp Valued Member

If you're thinking boxing is incomplete and TKD is incomplete, muay thai would be a very good way to combine the two.

7. DEATHskull

DEATHskull TKD Bearfighter

I never know what to say to that so um....you're welcome?
    Dude don't be sorry about that marriage ending, I'm so much better off now. Well anyways, since then I've already met someone else and I've been lifting weights 3 days a week to stay active, but I just recently started itching to get back into MA again. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to start going to that class again next tuesday. Oh yeah, and you didn't say what exactly you decided to do.

8. franksv

franksv Valued Member

For now,I m going to stick with tkd/boxing.In the near future,I m going to look into bjj or hapkido.No need to pursue more striking based styles.