Looking to start

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by elementaryteach, Mar 11, 2009.

1. elementaryteach

elementaryteach New Member

I'm looking to start my journey in karate. If there are any good teachers in the Central Virginia/Petersburg area, email me through the link in my profile.

Looking to hear from one or all!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
  2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hi elementaryteach,

I'm not in Virginia (or the USA at all!) but I've done a quick Google search for you and the only decent hit in Petersburg was this Aikido club.

What I did do though was remove your email address from your post as per our Terms of Service. Anyone and anything can read the public forums and thus get your email address for a reason other than to send you the information you're asking for. To email you, people can click the link in your profile :)

3. elementaryteach

Thanks. I see that you are a karateka. You need to teach me; I see that you are a black belt. Are akido and karate similar? I also sent you a request on facebook. If you know of anyone else, tell me to email me.

4. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Good luck with the karate!

Karate is awesome.

5. elementaryteach

Hey. Thanks. Do you know karate? If you have any social sites, look me up. If you have moves for me, explain.

6. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

The aikido club looks good PLUS the opportunity to cross train.ALL GOOD.

Best wishes for your training.

regards koyo

7. elementaryteach

Where are you located? If you got good moves, tell me!

8. elementaryteach

I sent you friend request.

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

How easily could you get up to Richmond? I found this place: http://www.cek-usa.com/american.shtml

Have no personal experience with the teacher, but I do have personal experience with HIS teacher (Kyoshi Dan Wilson). And he was terrific. Though I learned kickboxing from him, rather than karate.

In any event, you might wanna check it out. If you can expand your scope to Richmond, the possibilities open up considerably. I know that several members here live and train in Richmond.

Stuart