Looking for knifers.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by sfjohn, Jun 26, 2003.

1. sfjohn

sfjohn New Member

Ok, so i've dropped suttle hints in the forums, what can I say i'm a knifer and knifing is what i do best. I just wanted to get some views on knife fighting from the different martial artists out there in cyber space. Plese don't reply with the bladeforums post, I know this site well, but I wan't to get in touch with those people who do knife as a suppliment to their training. I just want to know how you train with a knife in your school. Feel free to let go. Like I said, I love knife.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

How many knife fights have you been in John? :D

My knife training in offence comes from a mix of Doce Pares & Inosanto/laCoste Kali.

My defence against the knife (unarmed) is a combination of track & field & Karl tanswell's excellent S.T.A.B. Programme.

3. sfjohn

sfjohn New Member

Never actually been in a knife to knife dual to the death knife fight thank god. I was once trapped in a telephone booth with a guy wielding a survival knife, you know the ones with a compass on the end. I thought he was going to shank me right then and there after I gave him my money, so i pulled my old buck knife (yes it had a back lock), cut his wrist. I don't know how bad it got him because he was wearing a think flannel shirt and I don't think my knife was that sharp because of using it to cut up cardboard boxes, but luckily my message got across and he ran as fast as he could down the street. I would have loved to take the track and field route but unfortunately that option was closed. I look back on this incident with friends as I'm the baddest dude around, but when alone I thank god for my luck. needless to say my buck knife is no longer with me, since i quickly disposed of it to a bouncer I somewhat knew near the incident. I disposed of the other guys five dollar bargin basement deal into the nearest waste bin. Now a days I carry my very faithful Benchmade Stryker. I also, since i was very young studied knife under the keen eye of my teacher grand master Michael De Alba. Don't tell anyone who doesn't look at this thread though, I would kind of like to keep a little anonimity here.

P.S. love looking at your replies.

4. musclemania

musclemania New Member

hi all

where i live a lot of people carry knives on the streets.

my m8 got slashed across the face about a year ago and i have been threatend with knives many a times. now i carry a telescopic baton with me all the time. i would also like to purchase a knuckle duster. i live in the uk so i cant get hold of one. iff you know of a british site where i can get one from plz let me know. carrying a knife or some kind of wepon is like second nature to breathing if you dont want to get stabed, jumped etc.

stay safe everyone.

5. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I'd recommend the STAB program to, there was a thread about it somewhere, I got the video thanks to YODA's advice, its a great supplement to anyones knife training!

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

re: blade training

I've been away from the blade arts for a couple years now but I'm too lazy to remember a new screen name so I kept using my old name. Someday I will return to the knife. Over the years I sampled doce pares escrima, presas arnis, wing chun while holding a knife, serak silat, a hint of another style of silat, Hock Hochheim's knife/counter-knife program, and aikido/jujitsu defenses. (Aikido is a blade art though no one speaks of it as such, but only an ex knife fighter would recognize that.)