Looking for Custom Tambo

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by monkeywrench, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

One more outburst like that and I'll close the thread and then you can lament how you have embarrassed yourself via your comments.

You have had numerous viewpoints and detailed reasons from other members of MAP, some of whom are rather experienced, proven and certified.

2. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Valued Member

Thank you for the insights Chris. And the following post. Noted and appreciated.

Right. And no one felt the need to call out this post:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1074518719&postcount=234

But all of a sudden I'm getting chided? Thanks for the laughs this morning guys. I've been called a troll now and I tell the person who calls me that to go stuff himself. I'm called a troll for doing exactly what I said I was going to do...go find an answer to his questions even tho I already found him two to begin with. My answer (which was lacking and I freely admit that) and one from Master Robert.

Really, my response was right in line with the level of responses I've been getting from Pat O'Malley. I thought he'd get a kick out of the response (did anyone note the smiley which indicates a JOKE??????) myself...but instead I get two staffers calling me out.

Mob mentality fail.

I guess it's true what's been said. MAP is becoming a Bullshido Lite.

3. monkeywrench

See post #242.

And have a good day. And I will as well.
    : )

4. Chris Parker

Chris Parker Valued Member

(The aforementioned Post 234 for reference):

Actually, Monkeywrench, I'm with you on most counts there. I've seen no evidence that you are a troll at all, this thread has gone in an unforeseen direction (from your perspective, I'd say), and a lot of the videos have been posted by myself as well as you. While I feel that Pat has a legitimate point in saying that your friends take on things is far from solid support, his approach was rather lacking. And I will say, one more time (for those that know what I'm referring to here), your art is far from the only one with issues here... Kenpo Niten Ryu is another example.

Hmm, let's see what that does....

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  5. monkeywrench

Thank you Chris for that.

I find no fault with anything you've said here in this post.

I welcomed the off topic discussion about CN in general and have been mostly tolerant of the disrespect I have endured. And will endeavor to continue to be so.

And I will try to phrase my "salty" responses better. That should make staff happy.
    : P

And yes, my answers from my instructor and friend (just met the guy really) are not "solid support" as you say. I would categorized them as "other perspectives" and I hope everyone can accept that. Just because someone disagrees with you (or several of you) is not an invitation to flame.

6. Chris Parker

Not a problem. To clarify, though, the "other perspectives" put forth by your instructors and your new friend are pretty flawed themselves. I was being gentle when I said that they're not solid support.. but I'm sure you got that.

7. monkeywrench

Yes, I got that. Quite clearly!
    :Angel:

8. monkeywrench

Re: the Kenpo Niten Ryu bit. Could you expand on that? I Googled it just now and was directed to Rapid Arnis sites that really didn't talk about Kenpo Niten Ryu specifically.

9. Chris Parker

No, I'm playing that one subtly... for now, at least.

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

About as subtle as a Wookie who has just come home to find an Ewok in bed with his missus!!

11. Chris Parker

Hey, this is subtle for me.... what?

12. monkeywrench

I was gonna say subtle as a rubber crutch, but the Ewok bit is much funnier.

Excuse me while I get back to my KOTOR game...
    :love:

13. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

This thread is over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.