Looking for... Book recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Latikos, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Hey everyone!

Right now, I am spending too much times with zombies and the such, so -
    Can anyone recommend me some books, that play with zombies? Post-apocalyptic scenarios without zombies are fine too.

I tied my look googling it, but there are so many recommendations, that it would take quite a while to even check, what recommendations might be worth the time or not.

So I thought maybe some people here have had read something in that direction and can actually talk out of experience.

Also - feel free to use this thread for your own interests, in case you are looking for some recommendations yourself!

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

World War Z if you havent already.
    Wayyyyy better than the movie. Its done as a series of interviews. Which apparently Brad Pitt wanted to do as such but the studio and Directors had other ideas.

Latikos likes this.
  3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I watched the movie and even though it wasn't all bad I was also not blown away, so I actually didn't look much at the book.
    Will do so now, thanks.
    You'll get the invoice, in case it is bad after all ;):p

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Latikos likes this.
  5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

+1 for World War Z. One of my favourite books. The film doesn't do justice to even 5% of it. It's oo wide ranging and well thought through from the individual experience right up to government levels.

Latikos likes this.
  6. hewho

hewho Valued Member

They're kids/young adult books, but Charlie Higsons 'The Enemy' is a good read!

Latikos likes this.
  7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Thanks so far.
    World War Z seems to be sold then.

For the other books I will see, where I might ge my them for a decent price.

In general: I don't mind kid/ young adult books. At all! I actually like them; read some very fun books, that were mainly aimed at teenagers or somewhere around that age.
    So I don't see, why I should here, in case the sound good; thanks for that advise too!

hewho and Dead_pool like this.
  8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Interestingly the person who wrote world War Z, is Mel brook's son!

So really you need to watch space balls to really understand world War Z properly!

Also the spin off, world war z books are pretty fun too!

axelb likes this.
  9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Totally forgot to come back here.

I ordered "World War Z" some days back.
    So far I only read the first few pages (of the Chinese Doctor and the small village to which he was called), but I like the style, despite often having a hard time reading books in first person; usually I have to be in the mood for the style, or the individual style of the others must fit my liking.

Still having the other books in the back of my head and planning to get both first books of the series!

Not sure if that makes it bad or good :D

It's also been quite a while, since I last watched Spaceballs!

Dead_pool likes this.
  10. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Latikos likes this.