Looking for a wing chun Master

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by dannyuk, Jan 21, 2018.

1. I have said it a Billion times, there is something called limit of patience of every human

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

3. Dead_pool

No you havn't, you've named a bagua coach and lineage.

Do you mean your karate and JKD coach was the same individual?

4. Dead_pool

This guy taught you everything?

5. He teaches JKD, Wing Chun mainly.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Even taken at face value the certificate is expired

He most certainly is not a JKD teacher or else he and you would be able to delineate him

I have three direct lineages myself that I can name at the drop of a dime

It’s also hilarious the names and ranks are all Japanese for a Chinese art....that isn’t dodgy at all is it?

7. :D

8. Dead_pool

So your jkd coach, has bagua lineage?

How does that work?

9. Please ask him, I request you do if you need his number i will direct message you, ask everything. He is well known to anyone who has been in this industry for 20+ yers.
    PLease send me a direct message so that i can send you his number, thanks.

10. Hannibal

No he isn’t

I have been in JKD for longer than that and never heard of him

11. This person is world famous and knows everyone in JKD world :rolleyes:

12. Dead_pool

I've been training for 26 odd years continously, and I've never heard of him, I'll pm you in a bit if that's OK.

13. Dead_pool

Pretty much yes he is and yes he does.

Hannibal likes this.
  14. Good for him, I have never heard of him and not judgeing his skills.

15. Hannibal

You were the one who said he was well known genius so dont complain when he isnt

I am more infamous than famous, but I am friends with a lot of high reknown JKD players and hold Senior Instructor rank.

I have trained with several first gen students and also know Bruce Lees sister

I also can google

And no one has heard of this B.Roy in the JKD world....so yeah, fake as a $3 bill

querist likes this.
  16. :D

17. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Do you have any videos of your kickboxing or boxing fights?

18. Everyone is looking for Proof, the simplest would be to come and have a friendly match please and then broadcast it in every medium. It will be crystal clear. I am tired after the day and don't wish to quarrel with everyone who has only one agenda. This part is for others.
    This Part is for You - Thanks for asking but I don't have any video ready at the moment. You seem to be a sensible person and I would request u to note down my number and visit India (If possible), I will host you as my guest and as a friend. Thanks.
    For the Bullies - Gather courage then start attacking others there is always someone better than you somewhere. I am tired of these people who can't even upload a real picture and ah!!

19. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Honestly, I am respectfully not understanding the difficulty stating lineage here. It shouldn't be an issue for the styles of martial arts you mention. And honestly, I really recommend you get lineage clearly stated on your web site. I would not go to a school that does not list training lineage clearly and easily found on a web site. I think it will help your business. Just a suggestion.

Not looking for any proof on anything myself. Just observing this and other threads and finding it really odd that there is such a reluctance. I just don't get why it is an issue. It shouldn't be.

Not just one name, but my teacher is...........who learned from................

One should be proud of one's lineage, the way I see it. ESPECIALLY if an instructor. I can (and have on there in the past) listed my lineage at the drop of a hat. I can also provide multiple lineage links in detail and just lists on the Internet. I realize everyone may not have that level of detail, but if one has a website- it should be on there IMO in some sort of way.

Actually, here as an example of what I am saying. Because I am honored, proud, and grateful to be a small part of this lineage of CLF. (I can provide my TCC lineage just as easily.) And I am no instructor.

My Sifu is White Dragon Martial Arts - La Mesa

His Sifu is White Dragon Martial Arts - Master Nathan Fisher

HIS Sifu is Grandmaster Doc Fai Wong

He has 3 Sifu's. More information can be found here. History & Lineage of Choy Li Fut in Chinese- Plum Blossom International Federation

See? Easy, it goes all the way back to the founder. And Choy Li Fut started in 1836!

Not one name where you have to write to get more information. Teachers of anything should be out and in the open.

This should not be hard. JKD is only what? 50 or so years old?

I think you are getting a rough start and people are coming down on you really hard, which I don't like to see. I prefer MAP to be more welcoming. However, a little more openness would have prevented a lot of it. Again, I do not understand the mentality of not proudly proclaiming ones lineage - not just one instructor - if one is happy to have learned from said instructors.

I was curious about your TCC lineage myself. Just curious so as to see what sort of things we would have in common as fellow TCC practitioners. Or even what style of TCC you teach. But considering how difficult it is go get other lineages, I didn't bother asking. Because I don't need the conflict.

querist and Travess like this.
  20. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: Please note that text speak is not allowed on MAP. Please be sure to always spell out words like "you" instead of using "u". Our terms of service can be found by clicking on the "terms and rules" button on the bottom right hand corner of every page on MAP. Thanks! :)