Looking for a Training Partner, South London

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Student79, May 29, 2013.

1. Student79

Student79 Valued Member

Hi

I moved to London in September from the East Midlands where my club is. I intend to grade for my 1st dan in September and I am looking for a training partner in the Clapham, south London area to meet and train once a week for 1-1.30mins.

Have tried different clubs but often limited to repeating basics, or adapting techniques from own club. Looking for partner to share knowledge and be able to practise techniques from own syllabus and provide same service for training partner.

I have studied martial arts for 20+ years, Goshin Ju Jitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing, Krav Maga and others. Always looking to improve and learn. Would look to train outdoors and utilise the summer weather.

If interested please get in touch.

Thanks.

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

What style are you going to be grading in?

My own jujutsu club would warmly welcome an outsider, though understandably you probably couldn't do your own thing as part of the main class. However, if our styles are relatively similar I could see if anyone would be willing to pair with you for a session or two to act as a practice partner, subject to you sharing anything interesting back.

I'd potentially even volunteer myself once I've recovered from my recent surgery.

3. Student79

Student79 Valued Member

Thanks for the reply

Hi Aegis,

Thanks for the reply. The club is Kings School of Martial Arts in Peterborough, style is Kempo Ju Jistu. Not very traditional, Japanese etiquette is observed but we don't use Japanese terms for the moves and quite functional, my Sensei is part of a grouping of like minded schools but not part of one overall foundation or set if clubs.

Looking to practise and be practised on and share knowledge. Just finding at the moment that I'm not able to practise the areas i need to for September and no one in current Krav Maga class has background in Ju jitsu. Any help would be most welcome. What club do you go to? Sorry to hear about the injury.

Adam.

4. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I'll PM you some details of where and when I train - would prefer them not to be too easy for trolls to get hold of if at all possible, as I get enough threats by email already!

5. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

I think we are all interested in this "summer weather" of which you speak of.

Can you describe it?

:D

6. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Is it OK to look for training partner in this forum? It's always a good idea to be able to link training partners online. There is only so much that one can train "solo".

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  7. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Are you part of mushin budo ?