Looking for a dojo in the UK...

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Cup of Water, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Cup of Water

Cup of Water New Member

Hi there, this is my first post here hopefully you can help me out.

I would like to study JKD, but I am having trouble tracking down a dojo in my area. I live in Cheshire; near Chester, are there any JKD Dojos in my area?

2. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

there is one in liverpool
    his name is alex jameson and his nmber is 07867694084

3. ryangruhn

ryangruhn Valued Member

4. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Hi

I live in Wrexham, just over the border and there are a couple of JKD instructors here. Unfortunately I don't have their contact details to hand but they've got posters up in Wrexham library if you want to take a look. I've no idea of their affiliations/standards of training and so on.

Hope this helps!

5. Morne

Morne Valued Member

Check out www.jkd.co.za and check under the Join JKD option......

Kindest Regards
    Morné

6. thtackett

thtackett New Member

Carl Lewis in Wrexham is a great teacher. He's under Hartsell and me. His contact info can be found on our website www.jkdwednite.com. Click on afflilated schools.
    Tim

7. Tom@Foresight

Tom@Foresight Valued Member

8. CraigLeeJKD

CraigLeeJKD formerly 'into_the_abyss'

How far are you willing to travel?

9. Emil

Emil Valued Member

My instructor is a guy named carl lewis. He teaches in wrexham. If that is too far, his assistant instructor, a guy named Scott Pratt, teaches a class in Conahs Quay. Check out the website. www.scimitarmartialarts.com

Carl is a great instructor, and has trained under some of the best JKD instructors in the world. Also, he has been promoted to the rank of associate instructor by Tim Thackett, and inaugerated into the JKD Wednesday Night Group. Scott is also a great instructor.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  10. Emil

Emil Valued Member

11. Jer!

Jer! New Member

Do you know if the times/dates of classes on that site are up to date, i'm thinking of going to the one in Connah's Quay on monday.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  12. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Carl Lewis holds 9 classes a week at his converted garage in North Wales -Wrexham,Acton

Sunday - 6pm -7.30pm (Advanced)

Monday - 6pm-7pm & 7pm-8pm

Tuesday - 5pm-6pm & 6.15pm-7.15pm (ladies only)

Wednesday- 6pm-7pm & 7.15pm-8.15pm

Thursday -11am-12pm & 5pm-6pm

Scott's class is held on Monday- 8pm-9pm

13. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Let me know how you get on ;)

14. Jer!

Jer! New Member

Its been fun, i went to Scotts session on monday and carls on wednesday, the grappleing and weapons stuff is all completely net to me since im from (and still doing) TKD.
    I sould normaly be at scotts class and will try to be there on wednesdays when possible (i live in flint so its a bit more of a travel), my name Matt IRL if you meet me.

15. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Cool. Scot was telling me about you. He said that you did TKD, and had spoken to a guy called Ady. I'll be training next wednesday, so I'll see you then. Well, good luck, and as Scot says, Have fun and train hard. ;)

(I'm Gareth, by the way)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  16. taew0n

taew0n New Member

Will try!

Would definitely love to visit these classes when I get back from vacation. :D

17. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Double check before you make any trips out there. The post you're responding to was from about 7 years ago.