Look good remedies :)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Achilles NZ, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Achilles NZ

Achilles NZ Valued Member

Hey guys im curious as to what the map team to for their own skin/hair/nails etc.

im just as passionate about looking after my external body as training my inner body.

I like to look good, when i look good, i feel good. etc.

However i dont have a huge regime i follow, it's really simple.

once a day i get a make up removal pad, drench it in lemon juice, coat with raw natural sugar, and exfoliate.

Works really well, the natural juices and ph levels in the lemon juice evens out skin tone , and spots from sun damage.

I am interested in the tried and true methods of yourselves :)

2. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

I just wash and go.

3. BuddhaPalm

BuddhaPalm Valued Member

I don't follow any kind of program but i really should do something about those pimples that break out every now and then.
    I like to use natural products, currently i'm using the shampoo and conditioner from Organic Instincts and a body wash from Sukin. I buy the 1 litre bottles as they are the best value and they last for months. A couple of weeks ago i ran out of my body wash so i used one of the generic ones my mum has and i didn't like it at all. After the shower my skin felt like it had a layer on top and this stuff just smelled bad.
    For shaving i use Burt's Bees shave cream and after shave. They are %99 natural. If i havn't shaved in a few days i use a generic gel because i find it works a little better. I'm still to invest in a natural deodarant, i think Sukin makes them too.

4. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

My morning routine is as follows:

• Get out of bed.
    • Rub eyes and try to adjust to natural light
    • Scratch face/****/any limbs that need scratching
    • Stumble to the shower after the mandatory cup of tea, where I will wash with only the finest Co-Op shower gel.
    • Wash hair if it asks to be washed.
    • Get dressed
    • Spend a few minutes making my hair look fabulous

I don't shave as I'm a beard person. Although I'll usually trim it to various lengths a few times a month

That's about it really. When you're as hot as me, you don't need to put in any effort :D

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

skin/hair/nails = wash/shave/bite

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

you have way too much free time on your hands.:rolleyes:

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I thought you were a bloke? :confused:

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

once a day i get a make up removal pad, drench it in lemon juice, coat with raw natural sugar, and exfoliate.

How do you keep your breasts perky?

skin/hair/nails = wash/shave/bite

Win. Some days I don't even do that much. :)

9. CosmicFish

Win in more ways than one, given that I can do a full third of my routine sitting on the bus. Maybe two thirds if I hired a friendly cat.

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Don't think I've had a bath in a week, or a shave and I think I cleaned my teeth on Monday. I'm not usually like this but needs must and I'm preoccupied at the moment.

What a minger!

11. Achilles NZ

This takes all of 5 seconds to prepare ,before using it in the shower.

Not exactly a huge chunk of time, for the benefits it provides

12. Achilles NZ

mmm i expected someone with hat point of view.

Good luck to you and your aging

13. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Shower every other day. Eat occasionally. Tis probably why I look twice my age :p

14. CosmicFish

How old you look will likely have more to do with what you put inside yourself than what you rub on your outside.

15. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

OO-ER missus! :happy:

16. CosmicFish

Um, yeah. Probably that too actually. ;)

17. BuddhaPalm

BuddhaPalm Valued Member

Don't forget living conditions, stress, quality of sleep. etc all contribute to ones appearance.

18. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

For most people.. sleep is likely to be the single biggest factor. We live in an age of the sleep deprived... and it shows.

@Achilles NZ

You'll have to forgive me for being skeptical about this quite honestly. I'm guessing this falls in line with the whole holistic skin care
    and cosmetics realm. But have you got anything to back this up. Right off the bat I'd say you frankly have no way of knowing
    what the ph level of lemon juice is. I'd also venture it's got zero effect on your skin - there are way too many variables... evening out skin tone? I doubt it.
    Spots from the sun. Not likely. If this was the case... old ladies everywhere would have jumped all over it. As would have cosmetic companies
    and citrus farmers. But I'm willing to listen if you actually have something to back it up with... peer reviewed science anyone?
    Frankly it sounds like a mix between hippy-holistics and slick cosmetics marketing with a thin veneer of eco-sense attached.

Call me pessimistic.

But... not to entirely rain on your parade... because I do somewhat agree with your original premise... looking good can often mean feeling good.
    My take is that good sleep and a good diet do wonders for you how you look and the energy levels you have. Above and beyond that... I'm a huge
    fan of sweating. That's right.. get those pores working by pushing a massive amount of liquid through your system. Improve your circulation and the oxygen
    that goes with circulation and I suspect barring any hereditary skin conditions you will look alert and healthy.

Then again if your idea of healthy is that mass media induced need to be tanning bed tan, metrosexual and looking like they just got off the end of a brillo pad then we are back
    to square one. This is the spa and cosmetic industries latest push... let's get men into spas and salons and get them dolled up and polished up and hairless and walking out looking
    like Calvin Klein models fresh out of a wax job. Puhhleeeze. Absolute last place.

I'm not entirely sure if you're a man or a woman. But if you are teaching group X and you're a man and your going in for all the skin care and polishing and all of that.. my guess is you are a Les Mills instructor?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Good luck to you and your aging

Thanks. Apart from the colour of my hair I don't look my 37 years so hopefully that will continue. But if it doesn't...meh. I have a wife. We'll grow old together and each wrinkle will be a sign of the amount of laughing we do. People are meant to look different when they get older. It's not some disease to avoid.
    It's not like I'm covered in boils and skin lesions so it's all good. :)

I have a nagging feeling that people that put to much stock in what the front of their head looks like aren't putting enough stock in what the inside of their head is doing.

20. Achilles NZ

It would be interesting to know what your take on, "to much stock in what the front of their head looks like" is.