Long time no speak..

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Dommo7, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Dommo7

Dommo7 New Member

Hey guys, havent been on here for 5-6 weeks, been fairly busy (completing a fitness instructor course etc) But I thought I would catch up with you all and see how everyone is getting on..

I am still training hard, kickboxing just 3 times a week at the moment but I am amazed at how my technique just seemed to click. In my 7th month of training now and I am very impressed with what I can do. Power has always been there but technique was an issue and flexibility. But now its all coming together and I am fairly confident. Been light sparring for 2 weeks now (my god, its so very very hard, panic sets in!) But I am getting there!

Anyway, enough of my chitter chatter, just very happy how things are going, how is everyone else? I really love this sport!! hehe...

Dom.

2. madknight

madknight Valued Member

Hey I don't know you but hope your course is going well. I've been in Kickboxing for about 3 months. I've sparred a nice few times and it is pretty difficult at first (and still is). As long as people take it easy on you and don't just kick your ass you'll get better as time goes by. I know I've gotten a bit better since I started.

3. Dommo7

Dommo7 New Member

Yeah it is very enjoyable, sparring is extremely difficult but really puts it all into practice doesnt it?! The first time I sparred I thought my heart was going to explode, I am a very fit young man, but the nervous energy used is amazing!

4. madknight

madknight Valued Member

Yeah it doesn't take much to lose energy when you start. It's probably to be like that in your first actual tourny fight too I've been told. I'm not too fit, alright but I'm working on getting better, and I've noticed an improvement in myself and I'm sure you will too.

I actually just got back from a sparring night last night. We did about 10 rounds (I had to take a few breaks every so many rounds) each round being fought with a new person most of the time until there are no more new people to fight. I ended up kicking my instructors elbow with a back leg round kick (hitting around were your foot and leg join together) in the last round and I've been in a nice bit of pain since yesterday. lol my stupid shin guard was shifted to the side and did me no good :p

I have to say I love it though despite the injury (and getting kicked in the balls to last night by accident :p; I need to get a cup lol ).