London Shoot fighters

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Thephenom52, May 27, 2010.

1. Thephenom52

Thephenom52 Valued Member

Hi guys. Has anyone (or does anyone) here train at london shootfighters? I was thinking about joining- just for the muay thai classes to be honest. I just wanted to find out how good it is for that, and also how busy the club gets. I've heard it gets quite rammed up.
    Finally, any info about the weights/cardio area would be much appreciated.
    :cool:

2. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I know a bunch of BJJ guys who train at London Shootfighters and sing its praises. I suspect it will be semi-busy given that it has a good reputation but instruction is supposed to be top notch.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I'll be training BJJ there soon (along with the classes at SOAS). Thai-wise is good, based on the people I trained with/being trained by as they are from from London Shoot. Apparently it does get busy, though I never been there myself.

4. Aloysius

Aloysius Valued Member

I'm quite light, trying to put on a bit of weight before I join.

At the moment I'm about 9.5 stone

What kind of weight are people there ?

Anyone think that I'd have trouble finding a sparring partner ?

Thanks for replies :cool:

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

your weight shouldn't be too much an issue, i only been once so far with the current group. You may be the lightest but from whom i saw, not by much. I'm walking around at 84kg, (13st) trying to get down at 74kg (11st).

6. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

I have no experience of london shootfighters but from what I've seen, if you stay anywhere near central london, then I'd personally train in KO Bloodlines. Big Arnold Oborotov (yes that's his name and no hes not a bond villain) fights for them and he's easily one of the best in the country at the 84kg weight class.