London Attack

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Southpaw535, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Very sketchy on details at the moment, but news of another suspected attack in London. Police apparently responded to multiple shots fired calls, lot of videos on twitter of crowds of people running and a few with gunshots in the background, some comments about another truck attack being involved too

Not much to comment on at the moment except to check the London mappers, the police folk especially, are doing okay.

Its getting scarier personally though. When attacks were always bombs it was kinda, well, those seem hard to do. The truck and car attacks however are just anytime, by anybody, and how on earth can you try and stop it at any sort of personal or legal level.

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I've got a friend in a bar in the area right now. Someone has just tried the doors. I'm freaking out right now.

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Appears to be hoax/false alarm.

Dead_pool likes this.
  4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

There's a lot of people on social Media spreading conspiracy theories already, it's depressing how stupid people are.

Somebody/s reported shots, the police can't find anything yet, but they're advising people stay inside in case they're wrong.

Simple, no conspiracy theories needed.

Van Zandt likes this.
  5. Southpaw535

I mean, there are videos on twitter with shots in the background. Could be faked, but I don't think that automatically makes people stupid.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

There were some impressive displays of stupidity going on at the scene: police instructing the public to evacuate and a bunch of them stood still (or even walking towards the reported incident) filming videos for Snapchat.

Dead_pool likes this.
  7. Dead_pool

It makes people stupid (or evil, I assume stupid before evil though) when people make up things on top of what's known, and spread them for no good reason.

Even the videos with bangs on, calling them shots is adding to it already, its not needed and just muddies the water.

Van Zandt likes this.
  8. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

9. Dead_pool

10. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I'm actually starting to wonder if the mail is part funded by isis

axelb likes this.
  11. Dead_pool

They certainly seem to be there media arm sometimes, much like they were with the Nazi party.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  12. Southpaw535

Its not exactly reaching and deliberately muddying when the reports were of gunfire being what the police were called in for (which has been confirmed), and when I'm struggling to think of much that sounds like gunshots. That's not stupidity or fear mongering, that's reasonably adding two and two.

13. Dead_pool

Fireworks.... Its still november.

The police were called due to reports of gunfire, the police didn't say there was gunfire, just they had had reports of gunfire, so the gunfire is unconfirmed by the police.

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

We all good!

15. Dead_pool

Just to clarify. I'm not saying your evil, Or stupid, (I hope that's obvious, sorry if it's not) but that's its human nature to fill in the blanks, and it's very easy for 1 and 1 to make 11, so we should be ultra clear on what's fact and what's conjecture.

Does that make sense?

16. Dead_pool

17. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I'm glad to hear that there wasn't anything serious, and good to see the police took it seriously.

18. Dead_pool

""No causalities, evidence of any shots fired or any suspects were located by police.

However, the force said there had been "significant" panic at station.

Sixteen people were injured as passengers fled from Oxford Circus station, in what witnesses said was "a stampede".

One patient was transferred to a major trauma centre for leg injuries, while eight people were taken to central London hospitals for minor injuries.

A further seven patients were treated at the scene, the London Ambulance Service added"

'Altercation men' sought after Tube alert