Location, Location for FMA

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Lucy O'Malley, Apr 13, 2005.

1. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

is it the one by radio active sago project that goes something like gin pomelo, gin pomelo, gin pomelo, gin pomelo, gin pomelo, gin pomelo, gin pomelo, gin pomelo, blah, blah, blah, blah, gin pomelo, gin pomelo, gin pomelo, gin pomelo, gin pomelo, gin pomelo,
    nice beat! i like their arrangements.

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

This is sounding more and more like a lot of fun, the PI MAP meet, stick play and party:D

3. John Ho

John Ho New Member

Location, Location, FMA Marsden W.Yorks

In the future, it would be a great opportunity to travel to the Phillipines to study the stick, but right now I would settle for somewhere a bit more local ;) . I've tried contacting the number on the Rapid Arnis w/s, to inquire about classes in the Marsden area of Huddersfield, but with no success. Any info would be greatly appreciated (times, price, etc) :).

Regards,

JH

4. Pat OMalley

I will PM you now:) The class is run by Nigel Brown, tell him I said, pick your phone up;)

Best regards

Pat

5. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

exactly! i love the lyrics! it touches my soul!

6. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

oh yeah! it'll be a lot of fun! the question now is where are we all going to meet? i mean what part of PI? is it going to be in manila?

-nico-

7. Pat OMalley

Well I know the Rizel Park area reasonably well, and I am sure I will be in a hotel around the US Embassy somewhere.

Any good suggestions for bars??

Plus you get to see some good classes in the park on a Sunday.

Best regards

Pat

8. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

Do you intend to study more arnis? With whom? Coz that area is sort of not strategic.

Hmmm... what kind? Any manila boys around who knows about Airforce One?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2005
  9. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

Air Force 1 is much more than just a bar :D let's just say the entertainment there is quite..stimulating LOL

Manila is famous (and maybe infamous) in Asia for its nightlife. I'm sure we can find a place to have a few beers. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2005
  10. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Let's keep it clean guys ;)

11. shootodog

shootodog restless native

huh? there are quite a few gms in the manila area.

that's in sucat. quite far from the bay area.

12. Brunstick

airforce one? hmmm, i haven't been there, heard of it though. hehehehe.

-nico-

13. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

yeahp... quite stimulating... but going there would hurt our pockets more than being hit fatally with the sticks!

14. Brunstick

unless you hit them with the sticks first! :rolleyes:

-nico-

15. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

in Tagalog, the word "mahal" can mean either "love" or "expensive"

keep that in mind when you're taken to places like Pegasus and Air Force 1 hehehehehe :D

16. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

Talking about expensive....last time I was in Manila we were in a bar down in a complex somewhere, where Pitstops etc is. (Pat will no what it was called)
    and there was some typical English footy hooligans in there, thinking they were having the time of their lives, as you do in those bars....when we noticed they kept looking at the bell hanging from the ceiling.

Bearing in mind there was several hundreds of people in there at the time we thought it the kind thing to do, by telling them under any circumstances unless they were rich of course, not to ring the bell. We explained what the consequences were, but did they belive me....of course not.

One after the other about 3 of them had a good old ring on the bell, cheering and shouting they were....of course the whole bar, including the girls, customers and staff jumped up in applause (staff were coming out of the woodwork aswell, the bar had never been so full)...this group of about 20 lads were thinking everyone was cheering with them (well they were really) so they carried on ringing the bell and laughing....when the boss lady came over and requested they settled the bar bill for the free drinks they were about to hand out to everyone in the bar, they got abusive but gradually one by one you saw each lads face drop and they walked out, leaving the 3 lads behind and of course when they tried to leave the guns came out and they were soon surrounded by security and scuffled into a back room.

But before they did this I made sure and done my duty....I went up and said, I did try to warn you, but you had to swear at me didn't you. Hahahaha. Blue label Johnny Walker over here please. ($50.00 a shot)

I mean, at least you get your name added to the wall of fame. If I had the money, I would love a plaque with my name on it, wouldn't you? (It's brass and everything)

I personally think they are some of the most enjoyable bars to go into, although I may be the only female customer in there, but who cares, I have been down the pole. My little boy was in there at the time, he loved it...all the attention he got, the other customers were not so happy though.

Lots of love :love:

Lucy

17. Brunstick

oh, pegasus, lexus, and la legende. in those places, "mahal" means both love and expensive! hahahaha!

-nico-

18. Brunstick

Well, those blokes deserved to get their money taken from them, since they didn't want to listen.

i love blue label! it's the best! hahaha!

-nico-

19. Pat OMalley

Or as they say:

Customer say's: How much do you love me?

Young lady say's: How much you got!;)

Could I tell you some stories of how many people fell for that one:D

Best regards

Pat

20. Brunstick

oh i have my fair share of stories too! :p

-nico-